View Single Post
Old 02-03-2024, 05:13 PM  
Aerosly
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adraco View Post
From the $8200 in revenue, how much are the monthly costs to keep all of this running?

How much time is needed in monthly upkeep?

How much of the revenue is monthly recurring and how much is single purchases?

Are there any monthly fixed income from any type of sponsorship or fixed ad sales?

1. Monthly costs right now are minimal:

(2) Shared hosting accounts @ around $15/each
(1) VPS account at about $25 (I got a really good deal years ago and locked it in)
(3) Domain renewals (on average, about three domains a month renew) @ $12/each
(1) Bitrix.24 account for CMS, invoicing, front-end websites, etc @ $60/month
(1) Digital billboard running late at night on Blip averages around $10/month
Miscellaneous licenses, etc. that are normal for any business

Recurring monthly costs are under $150/month. Pre-Covid, I was paying about $100 for three custom videos that I produced myself and edited on my iPhone. Post-Covid, I shifted production to the Philippines and was paying $100 for four videos, all custom produced and exclusive. The exclusive content is the biggest expense, but over the course of a video's lifetime, each video generates about a 500% return.

Also, the coffee brand is dropship, and there's a $10/month membership fee with the producer.

2. Time in monthly upkeep is marginal right now because my focus has shifted and I'm only responding to inquiries when they come in rather than proactively marketing or investing in the business.

When I was maintaining the site regularly and marketing it, I would spend about two hours a week on content and about four hours a week on marketing, answering inquiries, writing blog posts, etc. This, of course, can vary up or down depending on how much time you want to spend on marketing and analyzing the metrics.

3. Revenue is more weighted toward recurring purchases.

Of the $8k in 22, $2,885.99 was in one-time purchases from the clip store (138 orders at an average of just over $21). There were a marginal number (<$500) of purchases for coffee memberships, travel vouchers, etc. The remainder was in recurring membership charges.

4. I'm not currently running ads or sponsorships.
The business is so broad that ads I run are for my own offerings. Coffee ads from the coffee brand, ads for the subscription box sites, etc. There is a tremendous opportunity for ads and sponsorships, but I never explored them because my model was to keep as much in-house as possible.

The exception is the CheapTriXXX.com tube site, which is free and runs some ads. Ads are not my thing, though, so I never really checked in on them. From my perspective, the purpose of that site is to create traffic for the larger meembership site.
Aerosly is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote