View Single Post
Old 02-06-2024, 04:19 PM  
Huggles
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscott View Post
Horrible
Hopefully she recovers from this.
ICU is generally bad news. A person I used to know OD'ed off coke in a club bathroom and wasn't found for who knows how long. They ended up in the ICU due to oxygen starvation, and they were basically a vegetable due to how long they went without oxygen.

We used to laugh 25+ years ago when people said "don't do drugs kids" and we had songs like "Purple pills" from Eminem making drugs sooooo cool (and hot women looooove drugs!) and now I'm old and shitty and have seen so many people get hurt chasing the fucking dragon.

Hopefully she is actually not too bad and bounces back from this and warns other young people to either not do drugs, or 100% make sure you have your drugs tested. So fucked up that you can be out having a good time, living young, wild, and free, and the next moment you can be in the hospital or 6 feet under because your drugs were contaminated with fent. Same shit that killed George Floyd.

I still remember growing up in the 90's and 00's and if someone handed you a pill or a line of a powder to snort, you didn't even have to hesitate, you'd just eat the pill or snort the line and nobody worried about OD'ing. I did drugs from my teens into my mid-30's and never saw or heard of anyone I know OD'ing until around 2013-2014, and then the massive uptick in overdoses and deaths hit like a tsunami in 2015-2016, and now, in 2024, year after year the overdose deaths just go up... while the people permanently brain damaged and fucked up flies under the radar.