View Single Post
Old 02-16-2024, 04:05 AM  
steviemac
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by feetpics View Post
The way it works is it fires a back tab, it doesn't disturb the user experience, and Google doesn't mind that, if it was a pop-up then that would be different. I have been using it for 2 years on my websites and I have had zero issues
Yeah, so sounds like a regular run of the mill popunder really.

Google still aren't really keen on either pop ups or popunders. They go against their better ads guidelines. Thats why you can't use adsense on any site that has pop ups or pop unders.

'That is why we recently clarified our policies around pop-ups and pop-unders to help remove any ambiguity. To simplify our policies, we are no longer permitting the placement of Google ads on pages that are loaded as a pop-up or pop-under. Additionally, we do not permit Google ads on any site that contains or triggers pop-unders, regardless of whether Google ads are shown in the pop-unders'.

So if you have regular direct visitors, its not a problem. But if you want to keep a totally clean nose with google and Chrome, then pops may affect your site
steviemac is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote