View Single Post
Old 02-16-2024, 07:20 AM  
JesseQuinn
feeding the wolves

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mopek1 View Post
Yeah, maybe technically it's money laundering. But we all know that the 'real' money laundering doesn't come from adult/mainstream affiliate programs
not gonna agrue that KYC can rightfully feel intrusive to those concerned about their privacy

but your quoted passage above is not true

when PacNet got shut down so did all their subsidiary companies. plus the bank that held Chexx funds (Belize-based Choice Bank)

I used one of the PacNet subsidiaries, Chexx, to send payments to my contractors who worked with me in my business

all of a sudden BOOM, all my funds in Chexx (well over 9k due to be sent out to my people for that week) frozen

so no way to pay my people and my US bank closed my business bank account for sending money to Chexx. meaning no way to even receive the daily payments from my MID. I was paying everyone in every way I could out of my own pocket for weeks

had to fly to the US to open a new account at a diff bank, as the one bank that allowed me to open one without visting a branch was the bank that shut me down (BMO Harris). they're a good bank, not blaming them. just another stressor on top of an already stressful situation

was a super-fun time. complete nightmare

I eventually got paid back by the Choice Bank liquidators of PacNet (what was ironic was I was living in Belize at the time this all went down) but my last installment payment was only a few months ago. over 7 years later

so yeah, first hand experience that this stuff does go down. they eventually get busted, crash, and you as the person using their services ethically gets fucked over too. hard

@Mopek, as a Canadian you can still open an LLC in the US as CS recommended. I'm Canadian too. Delaware for example like all states requires someone in the state to act as the register in the state, but Delaware allows you to use a Registered Agent, which costs a couple hundred bucks a year to maintain. not sure about other states, but Delaware, definitely

that's your corporate address. your articles of incorporation will reflect that, and it complies with KYC

simple and pretty cheap. the company that set everything up for me (corp and registered agent) was shockingly inexpensive (and super-helpful at every step)

again, not disputing your opionion regarding a power grab for more individual info by the gov, but if you carry a phone your location is always being tracked by cell towers anyway

but yeah, super-easy to open a US LLC from anywhere. you don't need to be American. I'm sure for European nations there's something similar if they prefer the EUR currency
JesseQuinn is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote