View Single Post
Old 03-22-2024, 12:03 AM  
k0nr4d
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2MuchMark View Post
True, I forgot about webmin. I haven't used it in a long time. I used to use both webmin and cpanel but found that it was easier to use, and most end users prefered it too. Plus the support is outstanding. I think every hosting provider should offer cpanel.
Now that you mention it, it's entirely possible that cpanel is friendlier to a "normal" user but I've gotta say... for me personally it's virtualmin or nothing. I can't stand cpanel, plesk, directadmin. All are shit compared to virtualmin/webmin. If I'm to use cpanel i'd rather sit and edit configuration files manually via SSH.

I'll chime in here about hosting as well, as we send alot of customers to hosts. If a customer requires managed hosting, we send them to Mojohost. The support is great, we have a special conduit for contact if we need something done on a customers server, and most importantly - they are very familiar with the adult industry and thus the scripts in it used by website owners. This is where we send almost all customers.

If someone doesn't need managed hosting and can sort out their own backups, or they are on a low budget and just need server setup once without regular management - we send them to leaseweb, ovh, or soyoustart (also OVH but older hardware), or contabo if a VPS will cut it.

If someone is doing something that requires exceptionally high security like a cryptocurrency exchange, or it's an application that would requires cloud storage but where the use of a block storage instead of object storage would be advantageous - we send them to reflected.net. This isn't to say that Mojohost isn't secure - it absolutely is and we've never seen any problems in that regard - but reflected's default server configurations are heavily restricted as far as what can be executed on them.
k0nr4d is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote