View Single Post
Old 10-10-2005, 11:40 AM  
CDSmith
GFY HALL OF FAME DAMMIT!!!

Industry Role:
Location: My network is hosted at TECHIEMEDIA.net ...Wait, you meant where am *I* located at? Oh... okay, I'm in Winnipeg, Canada. Oops. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRL
Digital images are formed by 1 and 0's.

Text files are formed by 1 and 0's.

Both file types are viewed by using your eyes.

Images are displayed on a screen using pixels.

Text is displayed on a screen using pixels.

WTF? Am I stupid and missing something here??
Yes, you are missing something.

One is reality, the other is fantasy.

As I said back on page 5 of this endless thread, I would rather live in a world where real CP was non-existent, but where people could write about and speak about whatever they want to write and speak about. (even if it offends me)

Is the difference between reality and fantasy so difficult for people to grasp? The law says that as long as you are not advocating and counselling others to go out and commit the same act, then the content is legal. It says this in order to protect fantasy material. The next time you watch a show where someone is "murdered" for example..... think about why they are allowed to make a show depicting someone being shot or raped and then killed, or hanged, or tortured to death etc. It's because A) It's fantasy, and B) they are not telling you to go out and commit the same act or acts.

The same applies to stories, no matter what they're about, or at least it should. The FBI really should be spending ALL of their resources tracking down those who produce the real CP, you know... the stuff involving actual pictures and videos, the stuff that proves that an actual real child was abused.

The only reason some of you are arguing for more extreme measures is that your going on pure gut reaction... something I would hope the legal system does not share. Trust me, I'm just as repulsed as you are about the subject matter of these kinds of stories and I fully understand the reasoning behind your argument here and why you feel that way..... but I'm sorry, I can't support it because it does not take into account the rational point that there is a huge difference between fantasy and reality.

Thankfully the law sides with and supports my argument, or at least it should. Every so often though the cops and government tries to bend the law, they've certainly done it here in Canada and I now see that the same thing is happening in the US. THAT is what outrages me the most in all this. As outrageous as those stories are, they are fiction only, merely the written word... but when the authorities try to circumvent their own laws, that is real. And it's frightening as hell.

ALWAYS THE HIGHEST PAYOUTS: Big Bux/ImLive SIGNUP ON NOW!!!

Put some PUSSYCA$H in your pocket.
ICQ me at: 31024634
CDSmith is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote