View Single Post
Old 10-23-2005, 05:54 PM  
tony286
lurker

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutt
it's a long long story. and when it began i had no idea how much help Ashley would need - remember this is a girl who worked with another program before she was given the opportunity to have her own site and program and was NOT happy because she was not making enough money. I should not have had to do all that I did - Ashley left me no choice - I either took the responsibility work and money wise or she would have no site - i took a leap of faith that she was sincere in what she wanted and what she was ready to make the sacrifice to get it. From September 12th 2004 until the end of December - the best Ashley could come up with was 13 photosets and a few short videos. Ans she was still asking me when her site could be launched. I offered to fly her out to LA to spend a week shooting with my partner Marco Pallotti on my tab - a $5000 tab, Marco does not work cheap - I was told 'I'm tired'. I urged her to find a local photographer - look for one, put up an ad on the campus bulletin board - nothing. In December I had almost convinced Marco to fly into Kansas during Christmas to get her enough content shot to launch her website. That fell through. In January Ashley was going to Vegas for a week to work a booth for MensNiche - I arranged for Marco who was going to be in Vegas at the same time to shoot her twice during that week - both Marco and I waited 7 days for a phonecall or email from Ashley that would never arrive.

As far as what I expected - the only thing I expected was for Ashley to work 6 hours a day 5 days a week trying to become a webmaster and to succeed by HER work NOT mine - to this day Ashley cannot make a simple HTML page nor a simple graphic in Photoshop. I tried and tried - I woke Ashley up at the crack of noon one day in December to scold her - and all I got was 'How rude of you!'. I even went so far as overnighting her books from Amazon on HTML and Photoshop in January. I begged her to show me some sample HTML pages - for her not to be embarassed - just show me she was trying. Nothing.

and so it went.................
First if she was unmotivated why would you care if she had a site or not? Why begging and pleading with someone who didn't want to work? She didn't want to shoot for her site and you continued working with her for free. I don't know you .I have no doubt your a really nice guy but I have a feeling someone was extremely infatuated with someone. The reason I know this is because I have been there myself. The minute she did nothing and you kept coming back it was over man, people don't respect what they don't have to earn.
tony286 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote