View Single Post
Old 01-31-2006, 09:09 PM  
Joan
Confirmed User

In another life, I was known as Dr. Joan...

I am an ex-smoker. I smoked for 22 years and up to three packs a day. I stopped smoking through hypnosis and behavior modification. It changed my life. I became a Doctor of Clinical Hypnotherapy and developed a program that combines hypnotherapy with behavior modification, relaxation techniques and visualization to help others to stop smoking.

The desire and commitment to stop smoking is essential for success in any non-smoking program, and success is guaranteed for those who make the commitment to become a non-smoker. Do not believe that stopping smoking is just about how strong your will power is; IThahaha8217;S NOT. The people who are least successful in stopping smoking are the ones who think that they will prove their abundance of will power by doing it on their own. Why make it difficult? Use the many tools that are available now to help you be successful. Research shows that the people who are most successful are the ones who combine behavior modification and visualization techniques with the use of some form of nicotine replacement.

Why Hypnosis Works For Stop Smoking

Hypnosis is a natural state of mind. You are in control at all times. Behavior is controlled by the conscious and subconscious mind. The subconscious mind is unable to discriminate; it accepts as fact any information. The conscious mind evaluates and compares information, blocking the information that it has decided the subconscious mind does not want or need. Hypnosis temporarily bypasses the conscious mind allowing access to the subconscious mind. Behavioral changes are then experienced through suggestions. Just like a computer when you update or replace the software.

The American Medical Association in 1958 approved the use of Hypnosis for habit control. Hypnosis is the most effective method of changing unwanted behaviors, such as smoking.

Dr. Joan

Following a successful 20-year career with Fortune 500 companies, hahaha8220;Dr. Joanhahaha8221; Irvine now brings her expertise to individuals, enabling them to become more satisfied with their personal lives.

A graduate of the University of Kansas with a degree in Human Development and Psychology, she returned to school to earn a Doctorate in Clinical Hypnotherapy (DCH). She was trained by "Quit for Life". She takes continuing education on stop smoking and she is currently a Ph.D. Candidate at American Pacific University. She specializes in stop smoking, self-esteem, menopause transition, and relationship enhancement.

Dr. Joan has appeared as a guest on many television and radio programs including The View where she was interviewed by Barbara Walters. She has also appeared on Good Day hahaha8211; NY and Good Day - LA.
She appeared on NBChahaha8217;s Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, and Dick Clark's The Other Half.

I brought all this to ASACP as I wanted to work for a caused-based company where I could continue to make a difference....which I get to do at ASACP. Life is about making a difference and helping other!