View Single Post
Old 02-01-2006, 05:45 PM  
Joan
Confirmed User

"19. Are you married? Discuss your private life.
21. Where have you lived thoughout your life? Where do you live now? Discuss in detail and why you lived in each place.
22. What do you do for fun and recreation other than group sex?"

I was married for 18 years and have been divorced for at least that long. I choose not to have children since most of my jobs included travel and I felt I could best contribute to the world by working. A Desperate Housewife I was not! I knew I couldn't do both and do both as well as I would want.

I was born in Detroit, raised in Roslyn, Long Island, NY. I went to 13 years of parochial school; the last four at an all girls school. Obviously, the nuns would consider me a failure! I went to the U of Kansas because I refused to go to a 'good Catholic Girls College" on the East Coast; to say the least, my mother was not happy about this. But I think she was more disappointed when I refused to be a Debutante (sp?) plus I was accepted at Kansas. One of my few regrets in life is that I did not go to college in California.

The summer after college I hitchiked around Europe for 3 mths. Met my ex south of Munich. Moved to Kent, Ohio as he got an early out from the Army to return to school - Kent State. A few years later we moved to Denver; lived there for 13 years. I moved to San Francisco because ADP promoted me to there. Lived in SF for a few years. After my divorce I took five months off to travel, SCUBA and sail. Returned to Denver for about 9 months and then moved to LA.

Why LA? It is warm, NO SNOW, liberal and by the ocean (I missed the ocean and hated being landlocked) plus don't you know that California is the land of opportunity.

I live near Marina del Rey.

I used to run 10K at a sub-8 mile pace, but injuries stopped my running. Now I am excited that I can just jog again; gee, I'm up to 2 miles and down to a 16 minute mile. I also bike ride (not a motorcycle, still SCUBA if I'm in a good place for diving which means warm and clear water!