GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Fucking Around & Business Discussion (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   How many times have you moved house ?? (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1164605)

Scott McD 04-09-2015 10:36 AM

How many times have you moved house ??

On my 2nd the now but looking at moving again this year. Even the thought of it again though is a pain in the ass.

How many times over the years have you had to move house ? :question

Wendy-Etology 04-09-2015 10:38 AM

Im looking for a new place. want to shoot myself every time. When you arent looking is when you see so many nice places available but when you are theres NOTHING.

bronco67 04-09-2015 10:40 AM

I move house. I strong like bull.

MakeMeGrrrrowl 04-09-2015 10:50 AM

This is the first house I purchased. I'll probably move one last time.

The thought of it excites me. My daughter is pregnant, so now I am forced to stay in this stupid state for a while.

Rochard 04-09-2015 11:50 AM

This is only our second house, so we've only moved an entire house once.

However, I worked for a moving company, and at one point I was in charge of a packing crew. We would show up on Monday, pack an entire house, load it into a truck on Tuesday, off load it on Wednesday, and then unpack it on Thursday. People make moving out to be so much more than it is. Granted, not everything ended up where it should have been, but for the most part it worked.

kristin 04-09-2015 11:55 AM

Ugh, moving. We've moved more times than I would have liked to.

L-Pink 04-09-2015 11:55 AM

Including being a military kid about 15. No big deal, in fact all my stuff is in 2 10X40 air controlled units right now while I look for my next place to move to.

Like Rochard stated above, if you do it right it's easy. Pain in the ass but easy.

Bryan G 04-09-2015 12:12 PM

5 years ago from an apartment to a house. It was not a big deal as we did not have a ton of shit. Now when we move (and we will soon) we have a TON of shit and I am dreading it lol.

yuu.design 04-09-2015 12:21 PM

mmm, around 5/7 times in the last 15 years

MakeMeGrrrrowl 04-09-2015 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yuu (Post 20443917)
mmm, around 5/7 times in the last 15 years

You apparently are a man who likes change. That's a lot of moving. Are you single? Or you have a family?

Sly 04-09-2015 12:26 PM

7 in the last 12 years.

Manfap 04-09-2015 12:27 PM

In the last 20 years.

3 countries/12 different provinces.
in total 14 moves.

I've got moving down to an art!

PAR 04-09-2015 12:29 PM

Last 10 years I've moved a total of about 7 times 3 countries.
Moving sucks nobody likes it.. the key is hiring movers and cleaners.

MakeMeGrrrrowl 04-09-2015 12:30 PM

You people are gypsies!

I'm guessing you guys have to be without children. It would be very hard to move kids around that much.

Sly 04-09-2015 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakeMeGrrrrowl (Post 20443929)
You people are gypsies!

I'm guessing you guys have to be without children. It would be very hard to move kids around that much.

What sane person would want children?

:winkwink:

Ross 04-09-2015 12:50 PM

In my adult life I have only actually moved a whole house once, last summer. I bought my parents house from them when I was 21 and they moved but left me all furniture with the house. I then moved to Toronto, kept my house in Scotland and bought all new stuff. When I lived in Malta I rented a fully furnished condo. When I moved back to Canada, I bought a new house and all brand new furniture, still kept my house in Scotland.

Eventually last summer my wife decided she wanted a new house so we had to finally move everything, biggest pain in the ass ever. I don't plan on moving a whole house ever again. I'll sell this one with everything in it and move Country before I move a whole house again. Weeks and weeks of packing, planning, fighting. Don't do it. We kept our old house for a week after we got the new one which was a huge help, meant I wasn't in a rush to get certain things moved. I was selling a bunch of stuff too so I could leave it at the old house and not have people come view it at my new place.

MakeMeGrrrrowl 04-09-2015 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sly (Post 20443956)
What sane person would want children?

:winkwink:

Someimtes...they just happen. Over and over. :1orglaugh

epitome 04-09-2015 01:36 PM

I've never kept count, but I love moving.

I only lived in three places as a kid. Apartment with my parents when I was born, which I don't remember. Then their starter house when I was very young. And then finally, their dream home.

Moving is purely a choice.

I get bored after a year, extremely bored after two. I was so proud of myself when I happily stayed somewhere for three years.

I'll easily move 1,500 miles away just the same as if it were 15. I thrive on change.

epitome 04-09-2015 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakeMeGrrrrowl (Post 20443929)
You people are gypsies!

Military brats would usually disagree. I'm not one, but some of the most interesting people I know were military brats. Having to uproot and readapt gives you an expanded set of skills.

epitome 04-09-2015 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAR (Post 20443928)
the key is hiring movers and cleaners.

:winkwink::thumbsup

kane 04-09-2015 02:13 PM

As a kid I think we moved 4-5 times. Once to a new state then into a few different houses all in the same city.

In my early 20's I wrote for a music magazine and literally didn't have a home for about 3 years. I was traveling so much I just stayed with friends/bands or in hotels. It was a little odd having everything you own fit in a few bags, but it was kind of cool as well.

Since I have moved a handful of times. I moved to and from Los Angeles (and once while living there), to and from New Orleans and then a few places around Portland.

The place I live in now I have been at the longest. Luckily, I am not much of a material goods person so moving me has never been a huge event.

rogueteens 04-09-2015 02:29 PM

about 10 times in the last 20 odd years I think

crockett 04-09-2015 02:32 PM

I dunno how people can stay in the same spot most of their life doing the same thing day in and out til they die. That would drive me crazy.

There is far too much to do and see to tie yourself down in one spot. There will be plenty of time to stay put when you die, not while you are alive. I dunno how many times I've moved, but I've bought 2 houses, the rest were rentals.

kane 04-09-2015 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crockett (Post 20444127)
I dunno how people can stay in the same spot most of their life doing the something day in and out til they die. That would drive me crazy.

There is far too much to do and see to tie yourself down in one spot. There will be plenty of time to stay put when you die, not while you are alive.

I grew up in a small town. I know people who grew up there and after school they moved out of their parents' house into their own place and still live in that same place in the same little town and have no interest in moving anywhere.

I will never forget a few years back during my high school reunion they had sent out a questionnaire to everyone asking about you, where you lived, if you were married etc. They then put all the answered questionnaires together in a booklet that they gave everyone that came to the reunion so you could see what people had been up to. One of the questions was: "What is your best memory since high school?" Most people put their wedding or birth of kids or a big trip etc. One guy put that his best memory was shooting a 5 point buck on the opening day of deer season.

I guess some people are happy staying in one place and doing the same things every day.

I have too much I want to see and do to just sit still.

Ryley 04-09-2015 02:44 PM

In the last 17 yrs, I have moved about 30 times, give or take... in 6 different provinces.

Freedom6995 04-09-2015 03:09 PM

I have moved so many times I have lost count! lol

In the process of selling everything we own and hitting the road permanently. :)

sandman! 04-09-2015 04:28 PM

i have only lived in 3 places since i was born so not too many times.

SilentKnight 04-09-2015 04:55 PM

Honestly, I've lost count. Upwards of 25-30 times.

Our current house is the longest I've lived in one place - 14 years.

And we're possibly selling it this spring/summer.

dyna mo 04-09-2015 05:01 PM

Was comparing my number of adult life moves with my construction manager uncle recently. I'm not perfectly exact of the number of times I've moved, it's around 3 dozen. I've lived in 16 cities. 6 states and 2 countries.

LeRoy 04-09-2015 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kristin (Post 20443897)
Ugh, moving. We've moved more times than I would have liked to.

I would be happy if I couldnt relate with this :2 cents:

mineistaken 04-09-2015 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crockett (Post 20444127)
I dunno how people can stay in the same spot most of their life doing the same thing day in and out til they die.

How about you stay in one place, but do various kind of different things, even change professions, projects, businesses etc.
That is me. What is the point of moving, except when you want to have nicer place or something. Once, twice in your adult life.

ravo 04-09-2015 05:37 PM

I lived as a child one one single place. But, since then, in the past 25 years, I have owned, and moved to, 6 houses/condos...

And every move seemed like a logical thing to do. It was time to move on.

SilentKnight 04-09-2015 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mineistaken (Post 20444260)
What is the point of moving, except when you want to have nicer place or something. Once, twice in your adult life.

From a photographer's perspective - moving provides a whole new location to shoot. :)

Although Niagara Falls area is extremely scenic - you can only take so many pics of the damn falls. :1orglaugh

RyuLion 04-09-2015 05:44 PM

I'm not keeping count of that, I have better things to count. :)

Scott McD 04-10-2015 09:12 AM

Damn, never expected so many people to be on the move so often... :)