GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Fucking Around & Business Discussion (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   is my site banned from google? (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1346730)

FapperX 07-17-2021 07:19 AM

is my site banned from google?

Hello there.

I have a site which I abandoned couple months ago has an issue with the google.
Usually when I search

site:abc.com

It returns with the crawled results by the google but my site has no result.
I have checked a few sites that says my site is not blocked by any list or by google but idk why it happened.

Anybody have any idea?

Colmike9 07-17-2021 09:30 AM

One of Google's latest updates deindexes sites that are too slow, might be it but just guessing.

FapperX 07-17-2021 11:39 AM

Well, pageinsights says it's fast and page experience is %99.6.
But still couldn't figure out why my site is not indexed.

luismartinez 07-17-2021 11:53 AM

it may not be a total fail

Hey, what is your url? What is your skype maybe we can figure this one out together

8pt-buck 07-17-2021 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FapperX (Post 22888844)
Hello there.

I have a site which I abandoned couple months ago

I think we have a bingo

luismartinez 07-17-2021 12:32 PM

You hit the nail on the head

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8pt-buck (Post 22888908)
I think we have a bingo

Ring around the rosie

Jazzix 07-17-2021 02:28 PM

If your site is actually banned and you have it linked with Google Search Console, you will know immediately. Try the security and manual actions tab.

Quite a few years back I bought a domain name that I couldn't believe was available at the time. Built a site around it turned out the URL was seriously banned due to malicious activity. Tried to appeal it 3 times and Google would have no part of it

trevesty 07-17-2021 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colmike9 (Post 22888868)
One of Google's latest updates deindexes sites that are too slow, might be it but just guessing.

This is patently false. :1orglaugh

trevesty 07-17-2021 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazzix (Post 22888930)
If your site is actually banned and you have it linked with Google Search Console, you will know immediately. Try the security and manual actions tab.

Yup.

You can also just add it to Search Console if it never was, verify it, then within a couple days it'll have this information.

Also, check your robots.txt etc. Maybe you added noindex to something you shouldn't have.

Colmike9 07-17-2021 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trevesty (Post 22888936)
This is patently false. :1orglaugh

Really? Because I just talked to an SEO expert at a large adult company we all know, and he asked me what the latest update was to test me, and that's what he said when I got it wrong.. lol :upsidedow

I really don't know.. :( lol

trevesty 07-17-2021 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colmike9 (Post 22888938)
Really? Because I just talked to an SEO expert at a large adult company we all know, and he asked me what the latest update was to test me, and that's what he said when I got it wrong.. lol :upsidedow

I really don't know.. :( lol

Yeah, that convo never happened. :thumbsup

If it did, they should fire that guy immediately.

Colmike9 07-17-2021 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trevesty (Post 22888983)
Yeah, that convo never happened. :thumbsup

If it did, they should fire that guy immediately.

I know it sounds stupid but I swear I'm not lying. I can PM you about it if you'd like.
He might not be there anymore, though, their employees keep leaving..

digitalfantasies 07-17-2021 06:15 PM

Pants on fire!!!!!!

Colmike9 07-17-2021 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalfantasies (Post 22888998)
Pants on fire!!!!!!

lol. I can tell the whole story soon, just give me a little bit because I'm still talking to them, it's more than just that.. :upsidedow

trevesty 07-17-2021 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colmike9 (Post 22888991)
I know it sounds stupid but I swear I'm not lying. I can PM you about it if you'd like.
He might not be there anymore, though, their employees keep leaving..

I don't really care what they have to say about it. It's false information. They're either lying to you or stupid. :thumbsup

Colmike9 07-17-2021 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trevesty (Post 22889024)
I don't really care what they have to say about it. It's false information. They're either lying to you or stupid. :thumbsup

Oh I believe you, I think it's the latter... :upsidedow

FapperX 07-18-2021 04:49 AM

no error or notifiacation in google search console.
something funny going on here.

xxx6live 07-18-2021 04:59 AM

Maybe try the site command with and without www. in front.

trevesty 07-18-2021 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FapperX (Post 22889070)
no error or notifiacation in google search console.
something funny going on here.

When I search your brand, the index is there, so you're not totally delisted.

Your robots.txt is fine, too. CWV is fine. You have a ton of outbounds but that wouldn't do it.

Not really sure. I've never seen this. Best I can guess is that Google really doesn't like you for some reason so they don't view any of those pages as relevant.

zijlstravideo 07-18-2021 06:21 AM

If it's your username + .com, it's crawled, not indexed. I think it's a low content issue. When I look at a video page, besides the player, I see around 20 words which aren't clickable links, the rest of the content are all links. Could be seen as spammy.

Video thumbnails are still indexed though.

drexl 07-18-2021 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colmike9 (Post 22888868)

Did that happen around June 30th?

Colmike9 07-18-2021 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drexl (Post 22889112)

..I'm not sure, I'm going to read up on that today and figure it out lol. :upsidedow

trevesty 07-18-2021 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zijlstravideo (Post 22889094)
If it's your username + .com, it's crawled, not indexed. I think it's a low content issue. When I look at a video page, besides the player, I see around 20 words which aren't clickable links, the rest of the content are all links. Could be seen as spammy.

Video thumbnails are still indexed though.

Yeah, all good points. I don't really see how that site adds any value personally.

trevesty 07-18-2021 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drexl (Post 22889112)

It never happened.

trevesty 07-18-2021 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colmike9 (Post 22889114)
..I'm not sure, I'm going to read up on that today and figure it out lol. :upsidedow

https://www.searchenginejournal.com/...odcast/408345/

Literally all you need to read.. where you'll find out that, like I said, it never happened. :winkwink:

Colmike9 07-18-2021 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trevesty (Post 22889147)
https://www.searchenginejournal.com/...odcast/408345/

Literally all you need to read.. where you'll find out that, like I said, it never happened. :winkwink:

Thanks!

Then why did AWE's SEO guy tell me that? I was confused, too, because before that Skype call I read up on the last couple of updates and didn't read that part anywhere. Closest thing was a few updates ago where speed helped, but not deindexed.

trevesty 07-18-2021 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colmike9 (Post 22889149)
Thanks!

Then why did AWE's SEO guy tell me that? I was confused, too, because before that Skype call I read up on the last couple of updates and didn't read that part anywhere. Closest thing was a few updates ago where speed helped, but not deindexed.

I dunno. Why'd they hire someone who doesn't know what they're talking about? Why do a lot of companies in our industry do that?

Why does being the SEO director for a company that mostly focuses on PPC and media buying for traffic make them an "expert" in your mind? Most of their SE traffic is their brand. :winkwink: This is something that my dog can achieve, especially on an authority domain.

Colmike9 07-18-2021 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trevesty (Post 22889152)
I dunno. Why'd they hire someone who doesn't know what they're talking about? Why do a lot of companies in our industry do that?

Why does being the SEO director for a company that mostly focuses on PPC and media buying for traffic make them an "expert" in your mind? Most of their SE traffic is their brand. :winkwink: This is something that my dog can achieve, especially on an authority domain.

True, that's why I was trying to get in.. lol. I know that they don't really do SEO at all, and made me wonder what their SEO expert did since they have/had? one..

Shoplifter 07-18-2021 12:08 PM

I have a similar problem in that the home page of one of my blogs does not appear as the first result for searches. I can only find it if I do a specific search for text on the page.

I've checked the Manual Actions etc in the Google console but nothing.

I am thinking that it is either do to an incompatibility I had with Yoast and another plugin which screwed up titles, or that it is an AI ban in that my site is not trusted to rank for the terms it has.

I've fixed the Yoast issue and I will see where it goes.

Colmike9 07-18-2021 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoplifter (Post 22889163)
I have a similar problem in that the home page of one of my blogs does not appear as the first result for searches. I can only find it if I do a specific search for text on the page.

I am thinking that it is either do to an incompatibility I had with Yoast and another plugin which screwed up titles, or that it is an AI ban in that my site is not trusted to rank for the terms it has.

Lots of reasons, this might help:
https://www.seoblog.com/website-homepage-isnt-ranking/

trevesty 07-18-2021 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoplifter (Post 22889163)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colmike9 (Post 22889171)

Pay attention to the branding part of his link.

There's even big adult paysite operations who fail pretty miserably at this. :thumbsup

FapperX 07-19-2021 01:33 AM

Thank you all for your valuable comments.
I think content is the key issue here. I should add more text to the main page.
Thanks.