GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Fucking Around & Business Discussion (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Are amateur videos copyrighted? (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1195301)

Jazzjazzy 05-02-2016 04:37 PM

Are amateur videos copyrighted?

I'm wondering if I can use amateur content from let's say xtube or xhamster on my own tube site? Is it against DMCA rule?
I'm mainly thinking about cam videos.

Adraco 05-02-2016 05:00 PM

All "original work of art" is automatically copyrighted.

It's just a question if the level of originallity reaches high enough to deserve the protection of the law. A recording would, in most cases, more or less automatically qualify since it is about that unique, original person/character that is in the movie clip.

So no, you are not allowed to just take them.

Jman 05-02-2016 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adraco (Post 20871839)

It's just a question if the level of originallity reaches high enough to deserve the protection of the law. A recording would, in most cases, more or less automatically qualify since it is about that unique, original person/character that is in the movie clip.

:thumbsup

xXXtesy10 05-02-2016 05:21 PM

Quote:

what will you do?? :1orglaugh

SilentKnight 05-02-2016 07:52 PM

Quote:

QFT :2 cents::2 cents:

Goethe 05-02-2016 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazzjazzy (Post 20871767)
I'm wondering if I can use amateur content from let's say xtube or xhamster on my own tube site? Is it against DMCA rule?

From those sites you can just grab the embed code and put them on your site that way.

fitzmulti 05-03-2016 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazzjazzy (Post 20871767)

Uhm...not a good idea...everything is copywritten, and you'd be stealing, unless you licensed it, or shot it yourself.
Plus, most cam videos, are copyright the COMPANY, not the model (MFC, Streammate, etc), which would be even worse trouble for you... :2 cents:

Manfap 05-03-2016 02:17 AM

you can try, but as you just admitted you were going to use them rather than they being 'user uploaded' you just lost the only legal way you could get away with it.

Penny24Seven 05-03-2016 03:40 PM

Can I walk in the store and just take shit? WTF