GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Fucking Around & Business Discussion (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Should the USA be in the Olympics? (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=846363)

POed-poster 08-06-2008 11:34 PM

Should the USA be in the Olympics?

The government of China is actively supporting the government of Sudan by funding the genocide. Why don't any of the Western countries boycott the olympics? We boycotted when the Russians invaded Afghanistan. Why don't we care about the people of the Sudan? Why do we only care about people if they have something we need.

I am so sick of this administration. Bush went ape-shit when congress RIGHTFULLY voted to recognize the Turkish genocide of Armenians last century. Apparently, it is more important to him to have access to strategic military bases in Turkey so he can continue his endless war on Iraq.

Odin 08-07-2008 03:10 AM

US should put a human rights and carbon tariff on any Chinese made goods and than ratify kyoto. But than again as much as I think the US, Europe, etc should maintain their technological and economically advantage over China, etc I don't know that doing anything along these lines will achieve anything.

And for the record it was the Zionists who pushes Bush into stopping recognition of the Armenian Holocaust. Turkey is one of the few nations in the region that has good relations with Israel, and they jumped to intervene.

Sarah_Jayne 08-07-2008 03:41 AM

When considering not going to Olympics based on their foreign affairs the thought of what could happen in future US hosted games should be considered. I am sure the fact that the next summer Olympics are being held in London is why the UK hasn't made a bigger fuss about the China games. There are enough people in other countries that would love to use both countries involvement in Iraq as a rallying cry for boycotting those games too.

Blazed 08-07-2008 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah_MaxCash (Post 14575359)
When considering not going to Olympics based on their foreign affairs the thought of what could happen in future US hosted games should be considered. I am sure the fact that the next summer Olympics are being held in London is why the UK hasn't made a bigger fuss about the China games. There are enough people in other countries that would love to use both countries involvement in Iraq as a rallying cry for boycotting those games too.

Like who? Only stupid eastern arab countries would be boycotting it and thats because they are terrorists!

Violetta 08-07-2008 04:01 AM

yeah... Im glad they are!

Sarah_Jayne 08-07-2008 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazed (Post 14575384)
Like who? Only stupid eastern arab countries would be boycotting it and thats because they are terrorists!

Any country whose population decided to make a fuss over any issue of foreign policy. Not sure where you live but it really isn't just 'the terrorists' that disagree with the foreign policy of the US (or the UK these days).

Blazed 08-07-2008 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah_MaxCash (Post 14575461)
Any country whose population decided to make a fuss over any issue of foreign policy. Not sure where you live but it really isn't just 'the terrorists' that disagree with the foreign policy of the US (or the UK these days).

You are comparing the two when they are not nearly the same. Which countries would make a fuss over the london olympics or if held in the US because of the iraq war?

Look at which have been making a fuss over the china olympics and pretty much every country in the west.

Sarah_Jayne 08-07-2008 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazed (Post 14575467)
You are comparing the two when they are not nearly the same. Which countries would make a fuss over the london olympics or if held in the US because of the iraq war?

Look at which have been making a fuss over the china olympics and pretty much every country in the west.

I think you are missing the larger point which was if you boycott be prepared to be boycotted in the future.

xmas13 08-07-2008 05:42 AM

How much does the CIA pay you to speak nonsense?

Oh wait, you are a tard.

xmas13 08-07-2008 05:48 AM

China will be the world's banker in a few decades, so if you want to keep your job at McDonald's, you better keep quiet kid. The world is fucking sick of lending money to fat arrogant pigs. The US is the world's largest arms manufacturer and exporter, and was responsible for half of the world's refugees last year.

So get a life, asshole.

http://www.ananova.com/images/web/62055.jpg

Manowar 08-07-2008 05:51 AM

I think it's the IOC's issue, not the competing nations

it was held in germany during the nazi rule

JesseD 08-07-2008 06:20 AM

Educate me... because I really don't know. Is the claim that China's is support Sudan's war based on China buying oil from Sudan?

ADL Colin 08-07-2008 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by POed-poster (Post 14574790)
The government of China is actively supporting the government of Sudan by funding the genocide. Why don't any of the Western countries boycott the olympics? We boycotted when the Russians invaded Afghanistan. Why don't we care about the people of the Sudan? Why do we only care about people if they have something we need.

Not sure what you are referring to. What did the Afghans have in 1980 that the boycotting countries needed?

ADL Colin 08-07-2008 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief (Post 14575310)
US should put a human rights and carbon tariff on any Chinese made goods and than ratify kyoto.

You mean add a tarriff on American made goods manufactured in China. Like Ipods?

StuartD 08-07-2008 06:32 AM

Quote:

Hahaha.... what a dumb thing to say. :1orglaugh

J. Falcon 08-07-2008 06:35 AM

Quote:

You are ignorant and an idiot.

ADL Colin 08-07-2008 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah_MaxCash (Post 14575359)

And this exact thing did happen before. The USSR boycotted the '84 games after the US and allies boycotted the '80 games.

Sarah_Jayne 08-07-2008 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ADL Colin (Post 14576068)
And this exact thing did happen before. The USSR boycotted the '84 games after the US and allies boycotted the '80 games.

I knew that but didn't feel like it was worth pointing out since apparently it wasn't possible for anybody to want to boycott US games. So, I decided not to argue it out.

The 1984 games are the first games I really remember too (I was 8).

ADL Colin 08-07-2008 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah_MaxCash (Post 14576128)
I knew that but didn't feel like it was worth pointing out since apparently it wasn't possible for anybody to want to boycott US games. So, I decided not to argue it out.

The 1984 games are the first games I really remember too (I was 8).

80 Winter Olympics for me. Eric Heiden.