GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Fucking Around & Business Discussion (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   CWIE Holdings enters into LOI to purchase Alpha Red (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=859460)

RonC 10-03-2008 08:14 PM

CWIE Holdings enters into LOI to purchase Alpha Red

This post is to Confirm that

CWIE holdings LLC. the parent company of CCbill.com and Cavecreek.com has entered into an LOI to purchase Alpha Red hostings assets.

Please rest assured that service will continue uninterrupted over the weekend while we finalize this deal

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...01#post5342901

Ron Cadwell
CEO

TidalWave 10-03-2008 08:16 PM

who have you entered the LOI too exactly??

avalanche 10-03-2008 08:17 PM

I'm sure that will bring a little calm to the remaining Alpha Red clients. Best wishes on the transition! Couldn't have asked for a better company to step up!

stickyfingerz 10-03-2008 08:17 PM

Wow great stuff! :thumbsup

Iron Fist 10-03-2008 08:20 PM

Hmm.... all those AlphaRed threads just became redundant... good luck on the buyout.

BusterBunny 10-03-2008 08:20 PM

congrats to the winner

brand0n 10-03-2008 08:21 PM

good all the hosting sharks can swim back to the deep end and stop posting hosting threads

ladida 10-03-2008 08:28 PM

Lawlz. CWIE owned it up :)
Hopefully they don't inherit the debt orpotential damages of the lawsuit :P

Spudstr 10-03-2008 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladida (Post 14852168)

the suit was after James himself, Alphared was his asset thats why it was named/mentioned. Though the outcome can still be interesting of the suit but none the less I believe it was after James personally and his assets.

SBJ 10-03-2008 08:35 PM

wow big news! good job Ron and others involved :thumbsup

directfiesta 10-03-2008 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladida (Post 14852168)

from the original post:

Quote:

to purchase Alpha Red hostings assets.

CyberHustler 10-03-2008 08:38 PM

Will the prices get jacked up now?

SpicedUpCash 10-03-2008 08:42 PM

That's great news for those who host there. Solid company coming in to take over.

Iron Fist 10-03-2008 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick Decker (Post 14852194)
Will the prices get jacked up now?

Only if the rumors are true, that AR was supported by "scareware". Caveverrk is top notch, so if prices do go up, they will be reasonable and at a level that ensures your servers are stable for years to come.

You get what you pay for and CaveCreek is one of the best. :thumbsup

bashbug 10-03-2008 08:53 PM

I assume prices wont be the same, Dont think ccbill will be able to give out 30mbps boxes for $400

Brad Mitchell 10-03-2008 08:57 PM

Good luck with the purchase, Ron! If you are successful with the 11th hour acquisition then you've saved AR clients from a world of hurt.

(crossing fingers)

Brad

KillerK 10-03-2008 10:02 PM

I bet prices go up quite a bit, cc was never a cheap host.

Ace_luffy 10-03-2008 10:42 PM

that's the greatnews on alphared clients

Indecisive 10-03-2008 10:44 PM

Congrats to ccBill on the purchase. I hope the closing goes smoothly.

lazzlo 10-04-2008 12:21 PM

Good news but I already moved

SpeakEasy 10-04-2008 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lazzlo (Post 14853911)

That was actually a wise move dude.:thumbsup

webair 10-04-2008 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lazzlo (Post 14853911)

Smart man =) get out while you still can! :upsidedow

Lightning 10-05-2008 08:56 AM

This all smells of fish to me. It will be interresting to see how it all unfolds. I personally think the people at ccbill are not stupid enough to buy a worthless company and let it run the same way. But maybe that are?? who knows. My real thoughts are that they do buy it for pennies on the dollar (if that much) to save bandcon (which they are apart of) that supplied the BW and is under contract for to cogent for. Then raise upi the prices to a decent profitable margin. At this point its a numbers game as some people will stay and some cheapy people will leave. As Brad Mitchel and some other hosts have said, if you built a business that can only make money if you pay 6 bucks a meg for BW, then you're fucked anyway.

webair 10-05-2008 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by askmomma (Post 14856627)
This all smells of fish to me. It will be interresting to see how it all unfolds. I personally think the people at ccbill are not stupid enough to buy a worthless company and let it run the same way. But maybe that are?? who knows. My real thoughts are that they do buy it for pennies on the dollar (if that much) to save bandcon (which they are apart of) that supplied the BW and is under contract for to cogent for. Then raise upi the prices to a decent profitable margin. At this point its a numbers game as some people will stay and some cheapy people will leave. As Brad Mitchel and some other hosts have said, if you built a business that can only make money if you pay 6 bucks a meg for BW, then you're fucked anyway.

With the amount of business that has been coming in from this whole debacle, I cant imagine there will be much left of AR to purchase =)

Anyhow, I stick to my initial recommendation:

:warning GET OUT WHILE YOU STILL CAN! :warning

marketsmart 10-05-2008 11:26 AM

Quote:

what is a bandcon?

Lightning 10-05-2008 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marketsmart (Post 14856863)
what is a bandcon?

Bandcom is a bandwidth wholesale reseller. http://www.bandcon.com/

marketsmart 10-05-2008 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by askmomma (Post 14856876)
Bandcom is a bandwidth wholesale reseller. http://www.bandcon.com/

and they fit into this equation how?

Brad Mitchell 10-05-2008 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marketsmart (Post 14856900)
and they fit into this equation how?

My general understanding is that CWIE is the owner or partial owner of Bandcon, a seperate company that sells colocation and transit, and that at least until recently AR was purchasing some of it's bandwidth (perhaps L3) from them and also possibly some of their transport as well.

Brad

tony286 10-05-2008 01:17 PM

if you buy a company being sued doesnt that put you in the suit?

Techie Media 10-05-2008 01:24 PM

Quote:

Interresting view for sure.:2 cents:

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony404 (Post 14857104)

Typically yes but there are always strange happenings when it comes to the Law and microsoft settlements. This will be interresting to see how the whoe thing plays out.:pimp

Blazed 10-05-2008 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony404 (Post 14857104)

:error Alphared is not being sued.

webair 10-05-2008 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazed (Post 14857155)
:error Alphared is not being sued.

:helpme:helpme Are you insane? Or just incredibly misinformed? :helpme:helpme

Bomber8888 10-05-2008 06:56 PM

I just talked to there supervisor down in Houston and everything is running as normal. No servers are down and all workers are going back to work as usual. This deals seems to be in the bag.. wish both parties luck!!! :thumbsup

Bomber

marketsmart 10-05-2008 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by webair (Post 14856679)
With the amount of business that has been coming in from this whole debacle, I cant imagine there will be much left of AR to purchase =)

Anyhow, I stick to my initial recommendation:

:warning GET OUT WHILE YOU STILL CAN! :warning

why would you make a comment like this knowing that ron has stepped in?

WiredGuy 10-05-2008 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by webair (Post 14857339)
:helpme:helpme Are you insane? Or just incredibly misinformed? :helpme:helpme

I was under the impression it was their CEO/Owner who was being sued and not A.R. directly? Is it AR that's being sued or just the owner?
WG

theFeTiShLaDy 10-17-2008 08:11 PM

Hi Ron,

I'm glad ccbill bought AR!

I used to work for Alpha Red until last year. I handled all the billing and accounts receivable part of the company.

I would love to work with you guys since I know the industry very well - that's if you are hiring someone to do this job in Houston.

You can shoot me an email at [email protected]

Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonC (Post 14852145)
This post is to Confirm that

CWIE holdings LLC. the parent company of CCbill.com and Cavecreek.com has entered into an LOI to purchase Alpha Red hostings assets.

Please rest assured that service will continue uninterrupted over the weekend while we finalize this deal

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...01#post5342901

Ron Cadwell
CEO

baddog 10-17-2008 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theFeTiShLaDy (Post 14916558)
Hi Ron,

I'm glad ccbill bought AR!

I used to work for Alpha Red until last year. I handled all the billing and accounts receivable part of the company.

I would love to work with you guys since I know the industry very well - that's if you are hiring someone to do this job in Houston.

You can shoot me an email at [email protected]

Thanks.

Pretty sure it fell through.