Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post New Thread Closed Thread

Register GFY Rules Calendar
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
Discuss what's fucking going on, and which programs are best and worst. One-time "program" announcements from "established" webmasters are allowed.

Old 04-05-2006, 04:54 PM   #1
DamageX
Marketing & Strategy

Industry Role:
AWEmpire, enlighten us about this, please

As posted by someone from your staff on your own board:

Quote:
2.) The cookie lifetime is currently set to 14 days, so after this period the cookie expires. If your member buys again after 30 days, there will be no cookie set on his computer, that means that the sale will not show up in your account. If the same member goes back to your site after the cookie expired, he will get another cookie, then the sales will be credited to you.
This, to me, sounds like there will be zero recurring income for the webmaster, after 14 days. Please enlighten us about this, 'cause to me it looks like you're fooling webmasters to use the revshare option to promote you, while pocketing the recurring yourself. I'd love to be wrong on this though.

If you don't do it, somebody else will - true story!
DamageX is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook
Old 04-05-2006, 04:57 PM   #2
After Shock Media
It's coming look busy

Location: "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn".
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamageX
As posted by someone from your staff on your own board:

This, to me, sounds like there will be zero recurring income for the webmaster, after 14 days. Please enlighten us about this, 'cause to me it looks like you're fooling webmasters to use the revshare option to promote you, while pocketing the recurring yourself. I'd love to be wrong on this though.

First a 14 day cookie is pretty weak. That said.

It sounds like they are saying if a member comes from your site and buys in the first 14 days you will get credit. If they buy on day 15 or later without revisiting your site you will not get credit for it. If the member unsubscribes and then rejoins without visiting your site again in those 14 days you will get no sale.

[email protected] ICQ:135982156 AIM: Aftershockmed1a MSN: [email protected]
After Shock Media is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook
Old 04-05-2006, 04:57 PM   #3
Jace
FBOP Class Of 2013

Industry Role:
I would think the username is set into the database with the referrer next to it like most affiliate software packages

when someone makes a sale with the affiliate link the affiliate is attached to that person in any aff program backend until that user cancels, it has nothing to dow tih cookies after the sale is made

to me that just sounds like their tour cookie expires after 14 days, so after 14 days the affiliate won't get credit anymore
Jace is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook
Old 04-05-2006, 04:58 PM   #4
Jace
FBOP Class Of 2013

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by After Shock Media
First a 14 day cookie is pretty weak. That said.

It sounds like they are saying if a member comes from your site and buys in the first 14 days you will get credit. If they buy on day 15 or later without revisiting your site you will not get credit for it. If the member unsubscribes and then rejoins without visiting your site again in those 14 days you will get no sale.
14 days is actually a lot more than most give.....it sucks, but it is true
Jace is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook
Old 04-05-2006, 04:59 PM   #5
After Shock Media
It's coming look busy

Location: "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace
14 days is actually a lot more than most give.....it sucks, but it is true
Yeah I know, I just do not promote those that have short cookie times.

[email protected] ICQ:135982156 AIM: Aftershockmed1a MSN: [email protected]
After Shock Media is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook
Old 04-05-2006, 05:00 PM   #6
Jace
FBOP Class Of 2013

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by After Shock Media
Yeah I know, I just do not promote those that have short cookie times.
without asking, how do you find out?
Old 04-05-2006, 05:03 PM   #7
Jace
FBOP Class Of 2013

Industry Role:
here is one from a site I would love to know

can someone translate?

site-24
111111%23%232%23%23%23%23%23%23621034%23%23%23%230
url.com/
Old 04-05-2006, 05:11 PM   #8
Remastered
Confirmed User

Quote:
without asking, how do you find out?
You can find out if you use Mozilla Firefox and the Web Developer extension

Then do this:

Click on the link
Goto the paysite
Click on Cookies -> View Cookie Information and it will list all cookies for that domain
Check "Expires"

If you're using CCBill programs, make sure to type in http://refer.ccbill.com/ and click on View Cookie Information
Remastered is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook
Old 04-05-2006, 05:14 PM   #9
BigCashCrew

yeah, that does suck. tracking with cookies is not a nice way to treat affiliates. You guys should come check out http://www.MooCash.com and beta test TriCams. I think you will do better with us. We track in the database. You will always keep your recurring sales.

Last edited by BigCashCrew; 04-05-2006 at 05:15 PM..
BigCashCrew is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook
Old 04-05-2006, 05:14 PM   #10
Remastered
Confirmed User

Another way to check cookie lifetime is to use the tool at http://web-sniffer.net/

Put in the link and check the Set-Cookie HTTP header in the response, e.g.
Set-Cookie: cookie_wm_id=492553; expires=Sun, 09-Apr-2006 00:12:02 GMT; path=/
Remastered is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook
Old 04-05-2006, 05:16 PM   #11
Jace
FBOP Class Of 2013

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remastered

Then do this:

Click on the link
Goto the paysite
Click on Cookies -> View Cookie Information and it will list all cookies for that domain
Check "Expires"

If you're using CCBill programs, make sure to type in http://refer.ccbill.com/ and click on View Cookie Information
yeah, but what if the program is using mpa3 or something like it, where the link with the cookie is a redirect link?
Old 04-05-2006, 05:22 PM   #12
Remastered
Confirmed User

Quote:
yeah, but what if the program is using mpa3 or something like it, where the link with the cookie is a redirect link?
I tried it for NSCash, I clicked on link from sponsor area, the paysite loaded and I went to nscash.com because thats where the cookie was set and the result was:

Name site-8
Value 104290%23%232%23%23%23%23%23%230%23%23%23%230
Host nscash.com
Path /
Secure No
Expires 06 April 2006 2:22:20 AM

Cookie set to expire in 1 hour.
Old 04-05-2006, 05:26 PM   #13
Remastered
Confirmed User

I may be mistaken, but I think that's how it works, where are the HTTP geeks when you need them?
Old 04-05-2006, 05:27 PM   #14
poisson
Confirmed User

Sig spot!

Waithing for awe reply.
Old 04-05-2006, 05:32 PM   #15
Kevsh
Confirmed User

AWE is up front about this practice and it's not a mystery to those who promote them.

If you bother to read further regarding this topic (not sure where you got the quote from, but I know they discuss this thoroughly on their own board), you'll see they encourage webmasters to use the co-brand option so visitors bookmark or return to the original site. That way, they get flagged with your ID once they return.

No, it's not perfect but they aren't "scamming" or misleading anyone. They are also looking into other options for payouts including PPS. Again, you can see their own board for further reading on the topic.
Kevsh is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook
Old 04-05-2006, 05:37 PM   #16
David - PG
Confirmed User

Quote:
while pocketing the recurring yourself. I'd love to be wrong on this though.
I think you're wrong. Maybe you're mixing up people who made a purchase and got a permanent chat login (associated with the webmaster ID for life) with people who surfed around without ever having made a purchase in the first place and then coming back 45 days later.
Old 04-05-2006, 06:18 PM   #17
TheSenator
Too lazy to set a custom title

Industry Role:
Permanent cookies only. All other will now be purged from my affiliates.
Old 04-05-2006, 06:23 PM   #18
Tempest

Industry Role:
Quote:
I tried it for NSCash,

Cookie set to expire in 1 hour.
WTF!!!
Tempest is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook
Old 04-05-2006, 06:25 PM   #19
DamageX
Marketing & Strategy

Industry Role:
Here's how someone replied to the same post, on another board:

Quote:
You are reading that correctly.

AWE isn't really revshare. The affiliate stops receiving thier
percentage when the cookies are cleared or expired.

It sucks. They explain it, on their site. But I bet a lot of people
promote them assuming it's revshare for the lifetime of the customer.
So, who read their terms properly?

DamageX is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook
Old 04-05-2006, 06:50 PM   #20
chadglni
Confirmed User

WTF is with the programs and their bullshit lately? About to bounce the rent checks or something?
chadglni is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook
Old 04-05-2006, 06:54 PM   #21
SmokeyTheBear
►SouthOfHeaven

Location: PlanetEarth MyBoardRank: GerbilMaster My-Penis-Size: extralarge MyWeapon: Computer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevsh
AWE is up front about this practice and it's not a mystery to those who promote them.

If you bother to read further regarding this topic (not sure where you got the quote from, but I know they discuss this thoroughly on their own board), you'll see they encourage webmasters to use the co-brand option so visitors bookmark or return to the original site. That way, they get flagged with your ID once they return.

No, it's not perfect but they aren't "scamming" or misleading anyone. They are also looking into other options for payouts including PPS. Again, you can see their own board for further reading on the topic.
Old 04-05-2006, 06:57 PM   #22
Mutt

Industry Role:
gotta be that the 14 day cookie in question is just for the original signup - once you send a surfer to their cam site you have 14 days for that surfer to actually register and buy - i'd be shocked if it was what you are suggesting - that you only receive revshare on purchases for the first 14 days of your surfer's registration - they'd have no affiliates if that was the case.
Old 04-05-2006, 06:57 PM   #23
SmokeyTheBear
►SouthOfHeaven

Location: PlanetEarth MyBoardRank: GerbilMaster My-Penis-Size: extralarge MyWeapon: Computer
i'll be perfectly honest . when i read the same thing i was a little peeved ( not much experience in the cam programs ) but you know what it all boils down to is $$$$$ , not how long the cookie lasts, Regardless of how they track customers the end result is a higher payout than with other cam programs in the same spot.. the proof is in the pudding with this one..
Old 04-05-2006, 07:04 PM   #24
Mutt

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyTheBear
i'll be perfectly honest . when i read the same thing i was a little peeved ( not much experience in the cam programs ) but you know what it all boils down to is $$$$$ , not how long the cookie lasts, Regardless of how they track customers the end result is a higher payout than with other cam programs in the same spot.. the proof is in the pudding with this one..
cam site revshare revenue is long term - if you are new to cam programs then you can't judge where they stand compared to other programs.

so now it seems like it is possible that revshare is cut off after 14 days even on a registered member you sent them? whoa would that suck huge.
Old 04-05-2006, 07:24 PM   #25
s9ann0
Confirmed User

i thought a lot of browsers only accept session cookies anyway
s9ann0 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook
Old 04-05-2006, 07:40 PM   #26
Verbal Kint
Confirmed User

They are NOT upfront about it on their website it says nothing about.

Quote:
As a JOYourSelf.com and Livejasmin.com affiliate you will be given a 30% commission for sales that are generated from your link.
Thats about as much information I could find.

Last I asked about it on this board, I asked if it was for 30 or 90 days and never got a response. I think I was told to contact them and ask for more information.
I doubt we will get a straight answer in this thread.
Verbal Kint is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook
Old 04-05-2006, 07:40 PM   #27
Verbal Kint
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutt
so now it seems like it is possible that revshare is cut off after 14 days even on a registered member you sent them? whoa would that suck huge.
That is how it works.
Verbal Kint is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook
Old 04-05-2006, 07:48 PM   #28
TheSenator

Industry Role:
I am a big cam promoter. I send a whale to their program ... I better be paid!
Old 04-05-2006, 08:06 PM   #29
DamageX
Marketing & Strategy

Industry Role:
Quote:
i'll be perfectly honest . when i read the same thing i was a little peeved ( not much experience in the cam programs ) but you know what it all boils down to is $$$$$ , not how long the cookie lasts, Regardless of how they track customers the end result is a higher payout than with other cam programs in the same spot..
How do you know that?!? You just said you don't have much experience with cam programs. Anyone who's ever done cams knows that there's a lot of money to be made from recurring members, so if they cut off the recurring revshare after 14 days then the affiliate is mighty fucked out of his/her commission, quite simple.

Old 04-05-2006, 08:31 PM   #30
Kevsh
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbal Kint
I doubt we will get a straight answer in this thread.
Remember, in Hungary it's very early in the morning right now! Assuming this thread stays on the first page until they wake up, I have no doubt AWE will respond clearly and concisely as soon as they get the chance.
Kevsh is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook
Old 04-05-2006, 08:39 PM   #31
DamageX
Marketing & Strategy

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevsh
Remember, in Hungary it's very early in the morning right now! Assuming this thread stays on the first page until they wake up, I have no doubt AWE will respond clearly and concisely as soon as they get the chance.
Yep, I'm sure they'll address this and clear any existing misunderstandings.

Old 04-05-2006, 08:40 PM   #32
aico
Moo Moo Cow

I've been sending traffic to AWE's Live Jasmin for 4 months now... 0 sales 0$ ... I make on average $3,000 a month with another very similar site to theirs
aico is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook
Old 04-05-2006, 08:41 PM   #33
SmokeyTheBear
►SouthOfHeaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutt
cam site revshare revenue is long term - if you are new to cam programs then you can't judge where they stand compared to other programs.
Your right, perhaps you got the wrong impression . i was saying i AM new to cam revshare, not new to cams. I should have also clarified that i was comparing awe revshare to pps cam programs not to other revshare programs ( because i DONT have experience with any other revshare cam programs

The point i was trying to make was that in my experience and my stats , the AVG per user ( even considering the 14 day cookie thing ) is higher than with any other pps cam program.. $50+
Old 04-05-2006, 08:44 PM   #34
SmokeyTheBear
►SouthOfHeaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by aico
I've been sending traffic to AWE's Live Jasmin for 4 months now... 0 sales 0$ ... I make on average $3,000 a month with another very similar site to theirs
4 months ? , even as a promoter of AWE i would suggest trying a different program.. i dont understand why you would leave a spot that produced 12k up for 4 months if it wasnt producing.. perhaps your link code is wrong.. every program isnt for everyone but that sounds highly irregular
Old 04-05-2006, 08:49 PM   #35
aico
Moo Moo Cow

Quote:
4 months ? , even as a promoter of AWE i would suggest trying a different program.. i dont understand why you would leave a spot that produced 12k up for 4 months if it wasnt producing.. perhaps your link code is wrong.. every program isnt for everyone but that sounds highly irregular
I like to try things out and see how they do, I didn't stop producing with the other affilate, but both were getting the same traffic sources, one produced, one didn't...
aico is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook
Old 04-05-2006, 08:59 PM   #36
TheSenator

Industry Role:
bump for cookies
Old 04-05-2006, 09:03 PM   #37
DamageX
Marketing & Strategy

Industry Role:
Quote:
The point i was trying to make was that in my experience and my stats , the AVG per user ( even considering the 14 day cookie thing ) is higher than with any other pps cam program.. $50+
Again (sig aside) HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT?

Old 04-05-2006, 09:55 PM   #38
Dwreck
Confirmed User

Quote:

Then do this:

Click on the link
Goto the paysite
Check "Expires"

Remasterd thats a great tip! Thank you.
Dwreck is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook
Old 04-05-2006, 09:57 PM   #39
SmokeyTheBear
►SouthOfHeaven

Quote:
Again (sig aside) HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT?
because i have tested them back to back with several pps programs..

Last edited by SmokeyTheBear; 04-05-2006 at 09:59 PM..
SmokeyTheBear is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook
Old 04-05-2006, 09:59 PM   #40
DamageX
Marketing & Strategy

Industry Role:
Quote:
because i have tested them back to back with several other pps programs..
So we have one person saying they do better and another saying they do worse. One of them is running them in his sig. Obviously the owners will be in here soon to tell me not to take your word for it, but to try them out for myself.

Old 04-05-2006, 10:19 PM   #41
darksoul
Confirmed User

Quote:
So we have one person saying they do better and another saying they do worse. One of them is running them in his sig. Obviously the owners will be in here soon to tell me not to take your word for it, but to try them out for myself.
Take my word for it dude, I know its enough
I don't really like how they operate, the 14 day cookie, shitty support
shitty stats.

But the truth is they convert the best so far.
And yes I've send 5k hits too that got me no sales, but it was shitty
traffic. (tgp,galleries and some blogs)
but once I've started sending them quality traffic they convert like 1:30
darksoul is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook
Old 04-05-2006, 11:10 PM   #42
Krille
Confirmed User

varit nhahaha229;gra trhahaha229;dar om detta redan... de blhahaha229;ser webmasters phahaha229; rebills iom korta cookien, har skickat flertal valar dit som slutat rebilla efter nhahaha229;n vecka.
Krille is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook
Old 04-05-2006, 11:17 PM   #43
SmokeyTheBear
►SouthOfHeaven

Quote:
what exactly do you want ? i cant give my opinion ? are you calling me a liar ? are you saying 2 people cant have 2 different results ??

What do you think a sponsor is going to tell you " take the other guys word for it and dont promote us " of course they are going to ask you to try and compare because thats the only way to tell isnt it..

Instead of being a dick about it you could simply ask for opinions instead of jumping the gun and assuming the worst because of 1 comment..

Maybe you should use more to judge a company than one response by one person.. and take the time to read what people have written..
Old 04-05-2006, 11:23 PM   #44
SmokeyTheBear
►SouthOfHeaven

btw this topic has already been asked and aswered on gfy , i suggest if you see a post on another forum by a staff member the quickest way for a response is to ask at the forum where you saw the post , especially if the forum is run by the company your asking about.. .
Old 04-05-2006, 11:29 PM   #45
DamageX
Marketing & Strategy

Industry Role:
Quote:
what exactly do you want ? i cant give my opinion ? are you calling me a liar ? are you saying 2 people cant have 2 different results ??

What do you think a sponsor is going to tell you " take the other guys word for it and dont promote us " of course they are going to ask you to try and compare because thats the only way to tell isnt it..

Instead of being a dick about it you could simply ask for opinions instead of jumping the gun and assuming the worst because of 1 comment..

Maybe you should use more to judge a company than one response by one person.. and take the time to read what people have written..
You're right. I mean, after all, since they'll make affiliates money, it does give them every right in the world to pocket the recurring, on their revshare program.

Old 04-05-2006, 11:41 PM   #46
SmokeyTheBear
►SouthOfHeaven

Quote:
You're right. I mean, after all, since they'll make affiliates money, it does give them every right in the world to pocket the recurring, on their revshare program.
i dont see how you consider it "pocketing" if its cleary explained to you by a staff member.. and had already been answered by a staff member on gfy.. sounds to be like you just didnt understand the terms , and thats understandable..

Most revshare programs have cross sales and they dont pay for those cross sales , so are they scamming you by not paying you rev share on those ? its part of the terms , every site has them..

Like i said earlier , i was quite suprised myself , and i understand the problem your having , but the numbers $$ add up , thats what matters.. try them or dont , but dont playa hate
Old 04-06-2006, 12:44 AM   #47
Krille
Confirmed User

i miss my awempire wales, R.I.P., slaughtered by AWE
Krille is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook
Old 04-06-2006, 12:50 AM   #48
lazycash
Troll Patrol

Industry Role:
As someone who only promotes cams and has been doing so for 7 years, the only reason to promote revshare cams is for the abililty to retain a customer for life.
lazycash is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook
Old 04-06-2006, 12:54 AM   #49
DamageX
Marketing & Strategy

Industry Role:
Quote:
i dont see how you consider it "pocketing" if its cleary explained to you by a staff member.. and had already been answered by a staff member on gfy.. sounds to be like you just didnt understand the terms , and thats understandable..

Most revshare programs have cross sales and they dont pay for those cross sales , so are they scamming you by not paying you rev share on those ? its part of the terms , every site has them..

Like i said earlier , i was quite suprised myself , and i understand the problem your having , but the numbers $$ add up , thats what matters.. try them or dont , but dont playa hate
I consider it deceptive. If it's not true revshare, then don't fucking promote it as such. The only thing that separates this practice from the one of Perfection Jeff is that in this case the terms are there, in the fine print.

Old 04-06-2006, 01:01 AM   #50
Aly
President, ePufferProfits

Industry Role:

Quote:
AGREED! That's how I always encourage people to look at different program options. Try different prgrams and see which ones do best for YOU. Most program payout structures are variations of a similar equation... They have to be or they A: won't make enough money to offer competitive affiliate payouts and stay in business or B: won't stay in business because they won't make enough money to offer competitive payouts... ;)

If you have the time to play Nancy Drew and discover all the ways some programs are screwing you, go for it! (I genuinely and respectfully mean that! I loved Nancy Drew...) But the vast majority would be better served by experimenting with direct and personal results.

Aly's ICQ: 51504163 . Aly's Email: [email protected]
Aly is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook
Post New Thread Closed Thread
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >