Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post New Thread Reply

Register GFY Rules Calendar
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
Discuss what's fucking going on, and which programs are best and worst. One-time "program" announcements from "established" webmasters are allowed.

Old 10-03-2008, 03:49 AM   #1
lazzlo
Confirmed User

Inside message from Alpha Red

Ok, I finally got a hold of someone who wishes to remain anonymous. From what i gather, the admin page at alphared https://uberbox.alphared.com/index.php is down on purpose to keep James out. James is awol and my contact said what is going on is between Microsoft and James. Right now no support people are getting paid, so if you need a reboot or your server is down, email [email protected] All servers are up and running and will not go down. They are having a meeting today at the data center to figure on what to do. He gave me a message for you........

Alphared has been accused of doing something shady but it is not the company who does that but some individuals within the company that hurt our reputation bigtime. Now those very same shady people are out of the company...rest assured that everything will be positive from now on and we're reorganizing, and for sure we are going to get better.

So there ya go.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:55 AM   #2
Iron Fist
Too lazy to set a custom title

Microsoft has a alot of money, this lawsuit could bankrupt them.
Old 10-03-2008, 04:00 AM   #3
lazzlo
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharphead View Post
Microsoft has a alot of money, this lawsuit could bankrupt them.
I was told it was against James and not Alphared
Old 10-03-2008, 04:08 AM   #4
pocketkangaroo
Confirmed User

Either way, why take the risk? The company obviously has some major issues and with the boatload of other hosting options, I can't fathom risking money on staying with them.
pocketkangaroo is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 04:23 AM   #5
Sin_Vraal
Confirmed User

Does James own company? If so I dont think microsoft is gonna let anyone walk away. I'm not 100% sure on this, but its not like you can just give your company away for a dollar.

so seems like fuckt city.

Swift Communications -- UU net / Sprint / level 3 / savvis / Gblx

Quad Core SaS HDD 1000mbits dedicated bandwidth $2500

AmySpears! Amy getting fucked in the ass and getting choked on a chain! -- Devil Bucks!

Sin_Vraal is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 04:24 AM   #6
Fucksakes
Shit... Fuck! What the Hell?

Industry Role:
Either way.. they still suck!
Fucksakes is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 04:28 AM   #7
Adam_M
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazzlo View Post
Alphared has been accused of doing something shady but it is not the company who does that but some individuals within the company that hurt our reputation bigtime.
So all this is going down and they turn off all phone contacts and support pages??

They have no one to blame except themselves for their reputation.
Adam_M is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 04:40 AM   #8
lazzlo
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_WildCash View Post
So all this is going down and they turn off all phone contacts and support pages??

They have no one to blame except themselves for their reputation.
I was told there were some reboots done last night if you emailed them. I myself started moving my server at midnight regardless. This message are for the people on there and icq'd me about whats going on. I am sure there will be more news as whats going on later today and who the new owners are.
Old 10-03-2008, 04:44 AM   #9
Moose
Confirmed User

So owner is AWOL and support people are not getting paid? http://www.gfy.com/fucking-around-and-business-discussion/859239-alphared-customers-careful-alert-backups.html
Moose is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 04:45 AM   #10
Adam_M
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
We have a traffic site with them and moving everything as we speak to make sure we have no issues.

Thanks for the updates and thanks to Dave at Choopa for taking my 1am phone call
Adam_M is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 04:47 AM   #11
lazzlo
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
The techs and others got blindsided with this yesterday as well.
Old 10-03-2008, 04:58 AM   #12
kahell
Confirmed User

I wish James all the luck hoping he fix things up
Old 10-03-2008, 05:07 AM   #13
Techie Media
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
I would really like to hear or read some real facts about this situation. So far all there has been is nothing but rumors and gossip. Is there any actual news articles or anything like that around with actual facts?

sales [AT] techiemedia.com
Techie Media is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 06:01 AM   #14
KRosh
So Fucking Outlawed

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techie Media View Post
I would really like to hear or read some real facts about this situation. So far all there has been is nothing but rumors and gossip. Is there any actual news articles or anything like that around with actual facts?

FACT - The AG and Microsoft have filed lawsuits against James Reed McCreary IV of The Woodlands, Texas. The suit names him as the marketer of an application called "Registry Cleaner XP." Also included in the suit are McCreary's two businesses, Branch Software of The Woodlands, Texas, which does business as Registry Cleaner XP, and Alpha Red of Houston. http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/security/64664.html

It is going to be hard for Microsoft to tie Alpha Red to Registry Cleaner XP and James - James is only listed as an employee of Alpha Red and not as the CEO http://www.alphared.com/contact.cfm

Microsoft has deep pockets and has not been shy about filing civil suits under Washington's Computer Spyware Act. Since 2005, Microsoft has filed 17 lawsuits to fight spyware. Knowing this, people who are hosted with Alpha Red are scared and jumping ship - some will hold on to see what happens.

Old 10-03-2008, 06:10 AM   #15
Spudstr
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRosh View Post
FACT - The AG and Microsoft have filed lawsuits against James Reed McCreary IV of The Woodlands, Texas. The suit names him as the marketer of an application called "Registry Cleaner XP." Also included in the suit are McCreary's two businesses, Branch Software of The Woodlands, Texas, which does business as Registry Cleaner XP, and Alpha Red of Houston. http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/security/64664.html

It is going to be hard for Microsoft to tie Alpha Red to Registry Cleaner XP and James - James is only listed as an employee of Alpha Red and not as the CEO http://www.alphared.com/contact.cfm

Microsoft has deep pockets and has not been shy about filing civil suits under Washington's Computer Spyware Act. Since 2005, Microsoft has filed 17 lawsuits to fight spyware. Knowing this, people who are hosted with Alpha Red are scared and jumping ship - some will hold on to see what happens.

I know plenty of people who own businesses and are not the CEOs, they do a poor job at management so they let someone else run their company from that stand point.

The lawsuit is against him.. i'm pretty sure if Microsoft and the Washington state AG did their homework and james is connecting to ownership in some way or form or they would not of said what they said in a PR.
Spudstr is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 06:14 AM   #16
Techie Media
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Thanks KRosh

Techie Media is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 06:15 AM   #17
12clicks

Industry Role:
Quote:
I was told there were some reboots done last night if you emailed them. I myself started moving my server at midnight regardless. This message are for the people on there and icq'd me about whats going on. I am sure there will be more news as whats going on later today and who the new owners are.
with so many good hosting companies out there, you went with these guys?
I'll never understand the mind of a bottom feeder.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:18 AM   #18
k0nr4d
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
if the lawsuit wasn't going to ruin them, the mass exodus from these threads will probably hurt them
k0nr4d is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 06:26 AM   #19
lazzlo
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12clicks View Post
with so many good hosting companies out there, you went with these guys?
I'll never understand the mind of a bottom feeder.
Is it your nature to be a complete asshole all the time? Someday blue hair, someday.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:35 AM   #20
nophest
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0nr4d View Post
if the lawsuit wasn't going to ruin them, the mass exodus from these threads will probably hurt them
I will not move until it is proven they are going down.

I find it sad to see other hosts jumping on the opportunity.
nophest is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 06:40 AM   #21
jayme_
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
The techs and others got blindsided with this yesterday as well.
i feel for the techs, good luck guys... shitty situation
jayme_ is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 07:13 AM   #22
12clicks

Industry Role:
Quote:
Is it your nature to be a complete asshole all the time? Someday blue hair, someday.
someday what, loser?
someday you'll succeed at something in adult or someday you'll you'll wash out of adult a second time not to return?
Old 10-03-2008, 07:17 AM   #23
nekrom
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Webmasters should just stick with solid companies such as natnet in the first place.

-N
Old 10-03-2008, 07:19 AM   #24
Abbie
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
I was just readin about this response on another forum. Your post travels fast!
Abbie is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 07:20 AM   #25
undersoul
Confirmed User

why would anyone host their? its asking for trouble.
stick with reputable companies and work a good deal. Such as webair, rackspace, mojo, liquidweb, etc.

Last edited by undersoul; 10-03-2008 at 07:22 AM..
undersoul is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 07:47 AM   #26
Andy CHOOPA
Confirmed User

Anyone who needs anything: [email protected] or ICQ: 412-203-056
Andy CHOOPA is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 07:57 AM   #27
HomerSimpson

Industry Role:
there were some news couple of years ago that they were using Microsoft products without license.... I remember some posts on some blogs about that...

PHP, MySql, Smarty, CodeIgniter, Laravel, WordPress, NATS... fixing stuff, server migrations & optimizations... My ICQ: 27429884 | Email:
HomerSimpson is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 08:45 AM   #28
Boss Traffic Jim
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nophest View Post
I will not move until it is proven they are going down.

I find it sad to see other hosts jumping on the opportunity.

Thats what many people said right befoe LikeWhoa disappeared and all their servers and data was Gone. Or when Cologroup (that Jayson dude) the cogent reseller also disarreared, or magg from foundrynapp. Don't wait until it's to late. History will repeat itself so dont get caught with your pant down and all your business in gone.
Boss Traffic Jim is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 09:02 AM   #29
KillerK
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy CHOOPA View Post
Anyone who needs anything: [email protected] or ICQ: 412-203-056
Can i host my illegal tube site with you?
KillerK is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 09:05 AM   #30
Brad Mitchell
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
I wish *everybody* good luck. I am hopeful that AlphaRed is able to continue serving it's customer base without interruption. Everyone has to make the decisions they feel are best for their business to protect their assets.

If we can be of any assistance to anyone, please reach out to us.

Sincerely,

Brad
Old 10-03-2008, 09:37 AM   #31
AdultEUhost
ORLY?

Industry Role:
Damn that sucks for everybody who is hosting there, as far as i know they have quite some customers.

Nominated for an XBIZ Award as "Webhost of the Year" in 2007, 2012, 2013 and 2014
AdultEUhost is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 09:39 AM   #32
DarkJedi
No Refunds Issued.

Industry Role:
stop hosting at shit places
DarkJedi is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 09:56 AM   #33
Qbert
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey Jones View Post
stop hosting at shit places
Qbert is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 10:06 AM   #34
Techie Media
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
To those of you who have already contacted us your servers are being set up now and data has already begun being transferred. You will be contacted by a technician as soon as we have your data safely moved to your new servers. To those who may be interested in saving your businesses we are here to help you but please keep in mind we are not in the biz of competing with low budget cogent type hosts offering 4 and 5 dollar bandwidth with used junkie servers. We are a Hi Quality host with only Tier 1 bandwidth and very hi caliber support. In lieu of the current alpha red situation we are offering some VERY aggressive deals for 50 meg and above bandwidth users. Contact me for details. Good luck to all.

Old 10-03-2008, 10:09 AM   #35
Don Pueblo
Confirmed User

Quote:

Alphared has been accused of doing something shady but it is not the company who does that but some individuals within the company that hurt our reputation bigtime. Now those very same shady people are out of the company...rest assured that everything will be positive from now on and we're reorganizing, and for sure we are going to get better.

So there ya go.
Owner is awol. Owner is the one ms is going after. Who are these "shady" people? If they're blocking access from James the owner, then how do you reorganize from there?
Old 10-03-2008, 10:21 AM   #36
webair
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
I hate seeing this happen to webmasters. These "Slash & Burn" type of companies are way too common. Having said that I feel that webmasters really need to look into who they are doing business with. When looking for a host keep in mind you are going to be working hand in hand with this company to run your business efficiently. There are some great hosts that advertise and post on this board. If it sounds too good to be true it most likely is! CHOOSE WISELY!

As always, we are here if you need us. Webair.com has a proven track record in this industry. With more than 12 years experience under our belt, Multiple data center locations, over 70 employees, robust network architecture, real-time 24/7 support, we are a company you can count on long term. If there is anything we can do to help you with your transition please feel free to contact us anytime 1.866.WEBAIR1 or [email protected]

Thanks to those that have already signed up with us we will have you up and running ASAP! We appreciate your business!

Best of luck to all,

Michael Christopher - CEO WEBAIR.COM

---------------------------------------------
webair is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 10:23 AM   #37
ISPrime_dimi
Confirmed User

If anyone needs assistance in site, data, and/or content transfers or backups please hit us up on ICQ or via Email - we're here 24/7!

Contact me for great deals on managed hosting & CDN!
Email: [email protected]
ISPrime_dimi is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:43 AM   #38
d-null
. . .

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRosh View Post
.....Since 2005, Microsoft has filed 17 lawsuits to fight spyware.......
didn't know that, that is something positive to say about Micro$oft for sure
d-null is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 01:41 PM   #39
Bravo
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
fuck, so much hosting companies in this topic ;)
seems they didnt like alphared prices
Old 10-03-2008, 01:42 PM   #40
Pete-KT
Workin With The Devil

Industry Role:
Grab your files and RUN, fuck taking a risk like that
Pete-KT is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Post New Thread Reply
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >