Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post New Thread Closed Thread

Register GFY Rules Calendar
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
Discuss what's fucking going on, and which programs are best and worst. One-time "program" announcements from "established" webmasters are allowed.

Old 05-21-2009, 03:48 PM   #1
stickyfingerz
Doin fine

Industry Role:
Looking for partnership with a coder / flash developer

Hit me up asap. In middle of launching a new venture and flakey ass developer is apparently on some sort of mind altering drug. Need someone that is stable, willing to sign a contract, that will follow through with what they obligated themselves to. Must be very familiar with programming flash scripts, and able to implement tight security measures. Any work you complete will be part of the partnership. You will also have to sign a NDA. If you are a flake at all then don't bother. If you got the chops for this hit me up. [email protected]
stickyfingerz is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook
Old 05-21-2009, 04:13 PM   #2
Barefootsies
Choice is an Illusion

Industry Role:
:2cents

Good luck champ.

I have had a few contact me, programmers and designers 2009, looking for content deals in trade for services. But most were not serious, or were people I had not heard of, nor had examples of their work.

Link1 | Link2 | Link3

Enough Said.

"Would you rather live like a king for a year or like a prince forever?"
Barefootsies is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook
Old 05-21-2009, 04:22 PM   #3
sortie
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Try paying on fucking time and not being a fucking flake yourself and trying to steal
programmer's work to sell on you own site as if you created it, then maybe another
idiot will fuck up and work with you.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:25 PM   #4
Barefootsies
Choice is an Illusion

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sortie View Post
Try paying on fucking time and not being a fucking flake yourself and trying to steal
programmer's work to sell on you own site as if you created it, then maybe another
What are you talking about nig? I pay as soon as I receive an invoice. JamesK, among others, can verify that for starters.

This some kinda Zing hate story I am unaware of??

Link1 | Link2 | Link3

Enough Said.

Last edited by Barefootsies; 05-21-2009 at 04:27 PM..
Barefootsies is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook
Old 05-21-2009, 04:25 PM   #5
sortie
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickyfingerz View Post
Hit me up asap. In middle of launching a new venture and flakey ass developer is apparently on some sort of mind altering drug. Need someone that is stable, willing to sign a contract, that will follow through with what they obligated themselves to. Must be very familiar with programming flash scripts, and able to implement tight security measures. Any work you complete will be part of the partnership. You will also have to sign a NDA. If you are a flake at all then don't bother. If you got the chops for this hit me up. [email protected]
You don't pay you fucking BITCH!!

It took me three months to get a $300 payment for a $1200 job.

You loser ass fake bragger about money. You don't fucking have any!!!!!!!!
Old 05-21-2009, 04:26 PM   #6
sortie
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefootsies View Post
What are you talking about nig? I pay as soon as I receive an invoice.

This some kinda Zing hate story I am unaware of??

I'm not talking to you. So STFU.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:29 PM   #7
Barefootsies
Choice is an Illusion

Industry Role:
:2cents

Quote:
I'm not talking to you. So STFU.

Link1 | Link2 | Link3

Enough Said.

Old 05-21-2009, 04:34 PM   #8
stickyfingerz
Doin fine

Industry Role:
Quote:
In walks the idiot. No as per our emails we were to sell it as a partnership. And I have many programs interested. I will take my concept, and my ideas, and my layout to a new programmer and have it redone from scratch. And I actually paid you MORE than you asked me to. Ill be glad to put up the icq and email convos if you want to go there. I can also bring in many many people that I shared the idea with long before you were involved. I wasn't about to steal a single thing. If I was why would I have just emailed you confirming you were going to be able to follow through on the partnership we talked about? Then you proceed to tell me I am stealing from you? Jesus Christ you are retard. I am sorry I ever approached you about this project. My side of the project was the idea and concept, and what needed to be included in the development. The other side of the project was me implementing the player, showing a program the best ways to keep their product secure, encoding the content in the form they needed, and taking care of getting their members area setup. You threw away a nice opportunity. If you think this in anyway will work in your favor you are a moron.

Anyways keep your flakey ass out of my thread. Im looking for someone that will follow through with what they promised. And btw you never even finished the project even for just my members areas. Ill be glad to post my payments I sent to you, and the convo where you thanked me for sending MORE than you asked me to.
stickyfingerz is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook
Old 05-21-2009, 04:35 PM   #9
sortie
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefootsies View Post

Old 05-21-2009, 04:37 PM   #10
stickyfingerz
Doin fine

Industry Role:
Quote:
You don't pay you fucking BITCH!!

It took me three months to get a $300 payment for a $1200 job.

You loser ass fake bragger about money. You don't fucking have any!!!!!!!!
Yes except the deal was 300.00 always, and I sent you more than you asked for. Please show any convo that said 1200.00 Idiot. Not only that you started work on the project before I ever asked you to, then bitched when I hadn't paid yet. Thats ok, Ill get a new developer that wants to make money to do this, and do it better. Now then bugger off before you make yourself look REALLY bad.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:38 PM   #11
sortie
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
In walks the idiot. No as per our emails we were to sell it as a partnership. And I have many programs interested. I will take my concept, and my ideas, and my layout to a new programmer and have it redone from scratch. And I actually paid you MORE than you asked me to. Ill be glad to put up the icq and email convos if you want to go there. I can also bring in many many people that I shared the idea with long before you were involved. I wasn't about to steal a single thing. If I was why would I have just emailed you confirming you were going to be able to follow through on the partnership we talked about? Then you proceed to tell me I am stealing from you? Jesus Christ you are retard. I am sorry I ever approached you about this project. My side of the project was the idea and concept, and what needed to be included in the development. The other side of the project was me implementing the player, showing a program the best ways to keep their product secure, encoding the content in the form they needed, and taking care of getting their members area setup. You threw away a nice opportunity. If you think this in anyway will work in your favor you are a moron.

Anyways keep your flakey ass out of my thread. Im looking for someone that will follow through with what they promised. And btw you never even finished the project even for just my members areas. Ill be glad to post my payments I sent to you, and the convo where you thanked me for sending MORE than you asked me to.

I have only read one line of this so far, but I will respond to that line :

Why do you think you can bully me into being your partner on something that you have
nothing to do with?

Old 05-21-2009, 04:40 PM   #12
sortie
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Yes except the deal was 300.00 always, and I sent you more than you asked for. Please show any convo that said 1200.00 Idiot. Not only that you started work on the project before I ever asked you to, then bitched when I hadn't paid yet. Thats ok, Ill get a new developer that wants to make money to do this, and do it better. Now then bugger off before you make yourself look REALLY bad.
Please explain to everyone here how I started the project before you contacted me.

Old 05-21-2009, 04:46 PM   #13
stickyfingerz
Doin fine

Industry Role:
Quote:
I have only read one line of this so far, but I will respond to that line :

Why do you think you can bully me into being your partner on something that you have
nothing to do with?

Nope don't care anymore. You can go back to doing whatever you want. Bully? Jesus. I've been working getting ready to launch this AFTER you said you were on board, so I wasted a lot of time that I could of been finding someone stable and competent, that doesn't act like they are on crack from one email to the next. Just bugger off. You lost the opportunity on this one. You didn't even understand the idea behind the project till I laid it out step by step. I paid you 500.00 I believe total. But again whatever. I don't care. Thanks for the wasted time. Go away now.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:47 PM   #14
stickyfingerz
Doin fine

Industry Role:
Quote:
Please explain to everyone here how I started the project before you contacted me.

You started it BEFORE I asked you to start. I came to you with the concept and idea and never asked you to start it, then you came to me and said it was done long before I needed it. Again bugger off. I was going to leave your name out of all this, but if you feel like self destructing keep on keepin on.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:52 PM   #15
Sly
Let's do some business!

Industry Role:
Why wouldn't you just pay out right and eliminate the partnership aspect? Finding a good developer/programmer with a partnership promise is very risky for both parties, not only that, it could be very difficult to find a qualified individual that would even entertain the idea of not being paid.

If you have a solid product idea... just pay for it. In partnerships someone almost always gets screwed. Save yourself the headache.

Sell me your: Paysites and Hosting Company. Buy my: Aged Domains and Sites
Sly is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook
Old 05-21-2009, 04:58 PM   #16
stickyfingerz
Doin fine

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly View Post
Why wouldn't you just pay out right and eliminate the partnership aspect? Finding a good developer/programmer with a partnership promise is very risky for both parties, not only that, it could be very difficult to find a qualified individual that would even entertain the idea of not being paid.

If you have a solid product idea... just pay for it. In partnerships someone almost always gets screwed. Save yourself the headache.
Well because its going to need updates done over the years, and most programs would want the player custom designed to match their members areas. So this would be ongoing and its best to have the original developer on board. He got paid for his work, then I was going to do a partnership with him to sell the project to other programs, so this would of been ongoing income. I have at least 3 programs a week hit me up interested about this idea, one that was ready to buy this week and I put off till I got a chance to talk to this retard.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:03 PM   #17
sortie
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Nope don't care anymore. You can go back to doing whatever you want. Bully? Jesus. I've been working getting ready to launch this AFTER you said you were on board, so I wasted a lot of time that I could of been finding someone stable and competent, that doesn't act like they are on crack from one email to the next. Just bugger off. You lost the opportunity on this one. You didn't even understand the idea behind the project till I laid it out step by step. I paid you 500.00 I believe total. But again whatever. I don't care. Thanks for the wasted time. Go away now.
Hey, listen you fuckwad.

You contacted me to do a player, I told you it was a $1200 job and then you began all
this "Slick Talk" about how you were going to do me some good and I should do it for
less after I had already started.
So seeing that you were ready to fuck me over, I agreed to do it for $600. But no; you
didn't have $600 to pay for it so you came up with the "CCBill line".

Sticky Said : "I have people at ccbill that will license the player and you can make more
money, so I will only pay you only $300".

Ok..............

I always thought it was weird that you kept dropping all these CCBilll names but they
never contacted me when I told you that they should email me about this if they
really are going to sell this thru their CDN services.

I never once spoke to anyone from CCBill about this!!!!

You paid $300, and you got your fucking custom player more than a year ago.

So where is the CCBill money you were talking about, because ccbill never promised me
shit! If ccbill had ever agreed to anything then I would already have the money.
You used CCBill's reputation to feed me a line of bullshit.

But now I am your slave to serve under your domain as you sell my software????

FUCK YOU! I don't need you to sell my own shit!!!!!

You are an idiot.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:03 PM   #18
Barefootsies
Choice is an Illusion

Industry Role:
Quote:
Why wouldn't you just pay out right and eliminate the partnership aspect?

Finding a good developer/programmer..

In partnerships someone almost always gets screwed.

Save yourself the headache.

Link1 | Link2 | Link3

Enough Said.

Old 05-21-2009, 05:08 PM   #19
lavitra
So Fucking Banned

Quote:
lavitra is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook
Old 05-21-2009, 05:08 PM   #20
WarChild
Let slip the dogs of war.

Industry Role:
Quote:

The short answer, of course, is Sticky is a broke idiot.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:10 PM   #21
sortie
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:

The only problem is that he never came thru with anything.

It's more than a year later and he's still pumping this bullshit about how he is going to
make me a "Flash FLV Player Star".

And now if I don't give him my software to sell them I'm a dick.

Show me the money!!

Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-21-2009, 05:10 PM   #22
stickyfingerz
Doin fine

Industry Role:
Quote:
Hey, listen you fuckwad.

You contacted me to do a player, I told you it was a $1200 job and then you began all
this "Slick Talk" about how you were going to do me some good and I should do it for
less after I had already started.
So seeing that you were ready to fuck me over, I agreed to do it for $600. But no; you
didn't have $600 to pay for it so you came up with the "CCBill line".

Sticky Said : "I have people at ccbill that will license the player and you can make more
money, so I will only pay you only $300".

Ok..............

I always thought it was weird that you kept dropping all these CCBilll names but they
never contacted me when I told you that they should email me about this if they
really are going to sell this thru their CDN services.

I never once spoke to anyone from CCBill about this!!!!

You paid $300, and you got your fucking custom player more than a year ago.

So where is the CCBill money you were talking about, because ccbill never promised me
shit! If ccbill had ever agreed to anything then I would already have the money.
You used CCBill's reputation to feed me a line of bullshit.

But now I am your slave to serve under your domain as you sell my software????

FUCK YOU! I don't need you to sell my own shit!!!!!

You are an idiot.
Lol you know what. I am so glad this happened now. Just fuck off and Ill find someone that isn't clinically insane. I sent you EXTRA money beyond what you asked for. Are you denying that? Anyways please fuck off and go away. Ill have it recoded from scratch and this time all my features I requested will be implemented. Have a great life. Again you brought yourself into this, so whatever.. lol
Old 05-21-2009, 05:10 PM   #23
gnet
Confirmed User

Looks like things are getting a little heated in here.

gnet is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook
Old 05-21-2009, 05:12 PM   #24
lavitra
So Fucking Banned

you are better off with an indian/russian guy to do it for you. but they wipe their asses with your NDA terms and you find your shit selling elsewhere
lavitra is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook
Old 05-21-2009, 05:13 PM   #25
nation-x
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:

I have done partnerships twice... one time I got screwed and ripped off and the next time the other guy never followed through with his end. Needless to say... no more partnerships here.
nation-x is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook
Old 05-21-2009, 05:14 PM   #26
fuzebox
making it rain

Industry Role:
The real reason why this doesn't work is, most freelance programmers need jobs to pay their bills, they don't have time to do free work in hopes of getting paid down the line. Some money now is worth way more than more potential money later.

Would be nice if it wasn't the case, but such is the life of a consultant.
fuzebox is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook
Old 05-21-2009, 05:14 PM   #27
MaDalton
I am Amazing Content!

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nation-x View Post

I have done partnerships twice... one time I got screwed and ripped off and the next time the other guy never followed through with his end. Needless to say... no more partnerships here.
i got similar experiences, i'm not partnering with anyone anymore again. i'm just paying for what i need and be done
MaDalton is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook
Old 05-21-2009, 05:14 PM   #28
nation-x
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavitra View Post
you are better off with an indian/russian guy to do it for you. but they wipe their asses with your NDA terms and you find your shit selling elsewhere
who asked you fuckhead? Why don't you go skewer yourself on an aids infested cock.
nation-x is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook
Old 05-21-2009, 05:16 PM   #29
stickyfingerz
Doin fine

Industry Role:
Quote:
The only problem is that he never came thru with anything.

It's more than a year later and he's still pumping this bullshit about how he is going to
make me a "Flash FLV Player Star".

And now if I don't give him my software to sell them I'm a dick.

Show me the money!!

Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are a complete idiot. So far found receipts for 370.00 I sent to you, the price was 300.00. There is 70.00 extra I sent you without you asking. Im glad we didnt' do this together because you are an utter flake. I don't require you to be involved with anything.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:17 PM   #30
beemk
CLICK HERE

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post
sho' nuff!
Old 05-21-2009, 05:18 PM   #31
lavitra
So Fucking Banned

Quote:
who asked you fuckhead? Why don't you go skewer yourself on an aids infested cock.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:18 PM   #32
sortie
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Lol you know what. I am so glad this happened now. Just fuck off and Ill find someone that isn't clinically insane. I sent you EXTRA money beyond what you asked for. Are you denying that? Anyways please fuck off and go away. Ill have it recoded from scratch and this time all my features I requested will be implemented. Have a great life. Again you brought yourself into this, so whatever.. lol
Don't try to run away now BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I let you fuck me and then let it die!!!

But now, a year later, you want to hit me up on email like
I'm you fucking "code slave".

You want to steal my content(code) and sell it on your own site and you also
demand that I set it all up for you for free.

Where is the money BITCH??????????

You tell me to setup a "demo" for you with no money!!!!!!!!!!!
WTF????? You aint my BITCH!!!! You're just a ugly BITCH and that don't make you mine.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:20 PM   #33
lavitra
So Fucking Banned

when both partners share totally different skills (more like when one doesn't have any development skills), partnership settings will not work. Honestly, "shares of company or partnershp for dev time" that was 10 years ago, today no sane developer will give up his hours for "shares" or "revenue split", unless the project is already well funded, by a credible figure or experience background.

Last edited by lavitra; 05-21-2009 at 05:22 PM..
Old 05-21-2009, 05:22 PM   #34
stickyfingerz
Doin fine

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzebox View Post
The real reason why this doesn't work is, most freelance programmers need jobs to pay their bills, they don't have time to do free work in hopes of getting paid down the line. Some money now is worth way more than more potential money later.

I offered to pay him a larger amount so I could resell MY idea, and pay him for updates etc. So thats not it either. This guy is just a flake. If he would of told me he wasn't interested in a partnership I would of found someone else a long time ago and redid the whole deal. He has been saying he did want to be involved. There really wasn't any other major work to be done other than making a few other skins for the player, and he would of got 50/50 on just the default player, plus getting paid to do any skins, and paid to do any installs. Its not like he had to do a bunch of more work. I ALREADY paid him to develop this player, so basically I was trying to make him MORE money off work he already completed. But I have no need for this idiot. Ill pay someone earnest money up front that isn't a flake to do the initial work, and then give them a percentage of all sales for doing hardly anymore work.

This guy acts like there was a bunch of work he was going to have to do or something. He ALREADY got paid to do the work, all he had to do was be around to help with updates, reskins, and issues with customer installs and collect 50% of all player sales. Just basically be there for support (which he would of been paid on top of the 50% of the player sales and I wasn't going to take ANY percentage of money he made from the support side of things). Just an utter idiot.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:25 PM   #35
lavitra
So Fucking Banned

ideas is worth nothing. it has no market value until its produced, served, patented or copyrighted (only with greatlaywers by your side).
Old 05-21-2009, 05:26 PM   #36
gnet
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzebox View Post

You hit the nail on the head. In most cases, the "idea" person has a full time job and is able to pay their bills. And coming up with "ideas" is not what they do for a living.

A freelancer, on the other hand, now needs to work twice as hard to do the work on this new project (which often times requires more attention than actual paying work) as well as find work to pay for their bills.

I don't know of any "partnership" that has worked out.

gnet is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook
Old 05-21-2009, 05:26 PM   #37
PabloEscobar
So Fucking Banned

stinker you ever pay CaveCreek ie CCBill the money you owe them for CDN usage? What was it like 3-4 thousand? lol stinker is broke as fuck
PabloEscobar is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook
Old 05-21-2009, 05:26 PM   #38
stickyfingerz
Doin fine

Industry Role:
Quote:
Don't try to run away now BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I let you fuck me and then let it die!!!

But now, a year later, you want to hit me up on email like
I'm you fucking "code slave".

You want to steal my content(code) and sell it on your own site and you also
demand that I set it all up for you for free.

Where is the money BITCH??????????

You tell me to setup a "demo" for you with no money!!!!!!!!!!!
WTF????? You aint my BITCH!!!! You're just a ugly BITCH and that don't make you mine.
setup a demo? with no money. I paid you at least 370.00 to make the player. Steal your code? How is it stealing when we agreed to a 50/50 sales deal? God you are a loon.

Your email

"Hey,

I'm swamped with other work right now but if someone wants a player
I can do it. No problem. But I don't have time to try and sell it.
Setting up something to get sales can take a lot some times.

If you know of people who need that player then we can do it on a case
by case basis. Just hit me up in email and I'll set up all the tech stuff.
I'm figuring $600 is a decent price. We could split that based on the
amount of work. If they want the player as is with no changes then we
split it 50/50.
If they want changes then I'll have to see what it
will take and if it's minor then no big deal.

Thanks"

And on top of that it took a year for the atmosphere in adult to begin to change. People were too against a streaming only model still, now there is a lot of interest. You sell when there is a demand. Ccbill was only one part of it, and it wasn't anything that was 100%. I had talked to them and they were very interested, but things changed, and it had nothing to do with the product we had, or me. But thats really not for me to disclose on those details.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:27 PM   #39
sortie
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:

Please keep in mind that there was no partnership!

He contacted me for a custom player that took a few weeks to design and in that
time he came up with the "partnership" idea because he didn't have the money to
pay full price for the work.

I had already started. <============== NOTE!

And keep in mind that's it's been a year and there are no sales and no sale leads that
he has provided.

And keep in mind that I haven't demanded that he pay me $600 since he never
came thru on any of his claims.

He keeps asking me to work on this site and at no time did I ever agree to any of that.

I did a custom player for this clown and that's it.
He can't resell it or demand that I support
it for other people who never bought it from me.

This is dumb shit.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:27 PM   #40
PabloEscobar
So Fucking Banned

stinker you pat cavecreek the money you owe for CDN usage? That is why you made that thread for them cause you couldnt pay them?

4k or so?
PabloEscobar is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook
Old 05-21-2009, 05:27 PM   #41
lavitra
So Fucking Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post
well it seems that way.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:27 PM   #42
stickyfingerz
Doin fine

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloEscobar View Post
stinker you ever pay CaveCreek ie CCBill the money you owe them for CDN usage? What was it like 3-4 thousand? lol stinker is broke as fuck
wow wonder which fake nick this is. Would you like me to have Mark come in here and tell you that I am completely current with our cavecreek bill? Are you from that board that gets 8 posts a day? lol
Old 05-21-2009, 05:28 PM   #43
StuartD
Sofa King Band

When I did freelance, more than 50% of the jobs that came to me were partnership deals. I get to be a partner in exchange for all the work I did.
And you know what? Pretty much 100% of them never made a cent, many never launched.

Being a partner in something I put a lot of work into and then sit and HOPE that I make a buck for it at some point..... hell no.

And that's IF the person was completely on the level. But in this industry, to just hit up someone you don't know, take their word that they'll cut you in fairly for life because of the couple months of work you did... is just not smart.

I'm not taking sides either which way in this lover's quarrel... just stating my stance from personal experience on the "work for partner" relationship model.
StuartD is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook
Old 05-21-2009, 05:28 PM   #44
I Love The Yayo
So Fucking Banned

sortie how can I get in touch with you ?
I Love The Yayo is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook
Old 05-21-2009, 05:28 PM   #45
stickyfingerz
Doin fine

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavitra View Post
ideas is worth nothing. it has no market value until its produced, served, patented or copyrighted (only with greatlaywers by your side).
Dori Dori were you not banned? lol
Old 05-21-2009, 05:29 PM   #46
lavitra
So Fucking Banned

should always always do 50% now, and 50% when its done. never begin work until at least 50% is received. i got burned in similiar situations before when i broke this rule.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:30 PM   #47
PabloEscobar
So Fucking Banned

Quote:
wow wonder which fake nick this is. Would you like me to have Mark come in here and tell you that I am completely current with our cavecreek bill? Are you from that board that gets 8 posts a day? lol
besides the point how long was the money owed ?
Old 05-21-2009, 05:30 PM   #48
stickyfingerz
Doin fine

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartD View Post
When I did freelance, more than 50% of the jobs that came to me were partnership deals. I get to be a partner in exchange for all the work I did.
And you know what? Pretty much 100% of them never made a cent, many never launched.

Being a partner in something I put a lot of work into and then sit and HOPE that I make a buck for it at some point..... hell no.

And that's IF the person was completely on the level. But in this industry, to just hit up someone you don't know, take their word that they'll cut you in fairly for life because of the couple months of work you did... is just not smart.

I'm not taking sides either which way in this lover's quarrel... just stating my stance from personal experience on the "work for partner" relationship model.
AGAIN I PAID HIM in full to develop the product. PAID IN FULL. As I will with another programer. However I need the person that develops it to stay on board for updates, customer support etc ALL of which they will be paid to do, plus get a percentage of the player sales.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:31 PM   #49
stickyfingerz
Doin fine

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloEscobar View Post
besides the point how long was the money owed ?
I've never not paid my cavecreek bill, but again thanks fake nick from the other board. Is this another fake nick of U.R.A.M.F.S that got banned last time?
Old 05-21-2009, 05:32 PM   #50
IllTestYourGirls
Ah My Balls

Industry Role:
holy shit fast moving thread