Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post New Thread Reply

Register GFY Rules Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
Discuss what's fucking going on, and which programs are best and worst. One-time "program" announcements from "established" webmasters are allowed.

Old 09-03-2010, 05:28 PM   #1
xbizdon
Confirmed User

XBIZ NEWS: Lightspeed, Grooby File Suits Against Hundreds of Bit Torrent Users

CHICAGO ? Lightspeed Media Corp., Grooby Productions and Hard Drive Productions each filed copyright infringement suits on Thursday, targeting bit torrent users who allegedly downloaded their works.

http://www.xbiz.com/news/124883
Adnet Media

[email protected]
Tel: 310.820.0228 x 701

xbizdon is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 05:30 PM   #2
selena
Confirmed User

Wow!

Like this news!!!
Where Flawless Beauty Meets Art
~The MetArt Network ~
selena.delgado9
selena is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 05:33 PM   #3
spunky99
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
good job
spunky99 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 05:35 PM   #4
Si
Such Fun!

Industry Role:
good for them

This is the positive stuff I like to see
Si is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 05:38 PM   #5
opflix
Confirmed User

i don't understand why anyone with a brain would use torrent files
Old 09-03-2010, 05:59 PM   #6
SteveLightspeed
Confirmed User

Things are about to get interestinger!
Old 09-03-2010, 06:05 PM   #7
xmas13
Confirmed User

Lawyers laughing all the way to the bank. Welcome to America.
xmas13 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 06:08 PM   #8
FlexxAeon
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
go get 'em, tigers
Old 09-03-2010, 06:12 PM   #9
DWB
Giggity

Industry Role:
Steve and Steve.... GO GET THEM!!!!
DWB is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 06:13 PM   #10
cambaby
So Fucking Banned

Sales must be slow.
cambaby is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 06:15 PM   #11
So Fucking What

Industry Role:
put up your dukes
Old 09-03-2010, 06:17 PM   #12
JD
Too lazy to set a custom title

Industry Role:
good shit
JD is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 06:24 PM   #13
MrBottomTooth
Confirmed User

I should have never downloaded all that Shemale Yum content. Will it be OK if I just delete from my harddrive?
MrBottomTooth is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 06:35 PM   #14
2MuchMark
Videochat Solutions

Industry Role:
Nicely done! Congrats and good luck.

VideoChat Solutions | Custom Software | IT Support
https://www.2much.net | https://www.lcntech.com
2MuchMark is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 06:47 PM   #15
Litzer
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Props! Good work!
Litzer is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 06:49 PM   #16
NaughtyRob
Two fresh affiliate progs

Industry Role:
That is a great idea but isnt it kind of like arresting the "Johns" instead of the hookers and pimps? I mean, the companies that have the sites download sites are the ones that people should be suing right?
NaughtyRob is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 06:55 PM   #17
trannysphere
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
keep it coming guys!

DESIGN IS FILTHY DESIGN DEALS + ICQ:624499299 + designs {at} designisfilthy.com

$8 BANNER DESIGN | $299 for 50 BANNERS | $449 for 100 BANNERS
$15 DOLLAR GALLERY DESIGN | $129 for 10 GALLERIES | $199 for 20 GALLERIES
trannysphere is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 06:57 PM   #18
marketsmart
HOMICIDAL TROLL KILLER

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveLightspeed View Post
Things are about to get interestinger!
no they are not...

although i support your cause, you obviously have now idea how this works..

i am not going to spend the next 30 minutes explaining why i know what i know, but i will tell you that even if you are able to identify the offenders, you will recover next to nothing..

also, all you will do is drive the torrent users deeper underground where they cant be found..

there are private sites out there that have thousands of users that have anything you could ever want available for download... from software to $5000 im products to any video produced in the last decade...

as posted before, you are only going to make the legal team money...

your efforts would be better spent producing new content and protecting it...

marketsmart is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 06:57 PM   #19
Vendzilla
Biker Gnome

Industry Role:
good luck buddy
Carbon is not the problem, it makes up 0.041% of our atmosphere , 95% of that is from Volcanos and decomposing plants and stuff. So people in the US are responsible for 13% of the carbon in the atmosphere which 95% is not from Humans, like cars and trucks and stuff and they want to spend trillions to fix it while Solar Panel plants are powered by coal plants
think about that
Vendzilla is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 06:58 PM   #20
JaneB
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Good luck Steve.

Contact me on ICQ 439442753
JaneB is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 07:01 PM   #21
JaneB
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaughtyRob View Post
That is a great idea but isnt it kind of like arresting the "Johns" instead of the hookers and pimps? I mean, the companies that have the sites download sites are the ones that people should be suing right?

Hooker, pimps and johns should all be arrested. The sites and the users should all be busted.

Contact me on ICQ 439442753
JaneB is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 07:04 PM   #22
Toma
Confirmed User

bust everyone, yea!!
Old 09-03-2010, 07:06 PM   #23
chronig

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by marketsmart View Post
also, all you will do is drive the torrent users deeper underground where they cant be found..

don't really know shit about the rest of your arguement, but as for this little piece... that's EXACTLY what would benefit the industry as a whole in terms of recovering paying customers. Pirating has been around for ages in the form that you're describing it... it's only just recently been in a crazy world-wide accessible manner...
chronig is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 07:10 PM   #24
marketsmart
HOMICIDAL TROLL KILLER

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneB View Post
Hooker, pimps and johns should all be arrested.
wow, you are a narrow minded cunt...

its ok for you to shake your pussy all over the net, but its not ok for prostitution?

get your head out of your ass and the squirrels out of your pussy...

selling sex is selling sex...

quit trying to put your whorish ways on a silver plate..

at the end of the day you are still just a whore, not an actress, not a model, but a whore..

btw, in case you dont think you are a whore, i will post the definition for you below:

whore (hôr, hr)
n.
1. A prostitute.
2. A person considered sexually promiscuous.
3. A person considered as having compromised principles for personal gain.
intr.v. whored, whor·ing, whores
1. To associate or have sexual relations with prostitutes or a prostitute.
2. To accept payment in exchange for sexual relations.
3. To compromise one's principles for personal gain.

please take note of numbers 3 and 3 and also the fact that you share the same definition as a prostitute...

marketsmart is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 07:11 PM   #25
fatfoo

Industry Role:
Full movies of many hours length are available to download for free online.
Some people might not like this.
Old 09-03-2010, 07:11 PM   #26
Mutt
Too lazy to set a custom title

Industry Role:
Quote:

billion dollar entertainment companies haven't figured out how to protect content from piracy
Old 09-03-2010, 07:16 PM   #27
marketsmart
HOMICIDAL TROLL KILLER

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutt View Post
billion dollar entertainment companies haven't figured out how to protect content from piracy
thats because they produce a product that is easy to copy...

delivering content via website streaming only is much harder to steal..

or at least it can be...

drm should have been embraced a long time ago...

if everyone got on board then and still could now it would have been no big deal..

Last edited by marketsmart; 09-03-2010 at 07:17 PM..
Old 09-03-2010, 07:27 PM   #28
SteveLightspeed
Confirmed User

Quote:
no they are not...

i am not going to spend the next 30 minutes explaining why i know what i know, but i will tell you that even if you are able to identify the offenders, you will recover next to nothing..

there are private sites out there that have thousands of users that have anything you could ever want available for download... from software to $5000 im products to any video produced in the last decade...

as posted before, you are only going to make the legal team money...

So you would recommend what, doing NOTHING to fight piracy? This is also just phase one of a MUCH larger plan, btw.

And as far as "making the legal team money", its all being done on contingency so we really have nothing to lose here except taking a few jabs from gfy. I'm still waiting for GideonIdiot's armchair legal opinion too, I know he won't be able to resist this one.

Steve Lightspeed
Old 09-03-2010, 08:58 PM   #29
gideongallery
Confirmed User

Quote:
So you would recommend what, doing NOTHING to fight piracy? This is also just phase one of a MUCH larger plan, btw.

And as far as "making the legal team money", its all being done on contingency so we really have nothing to lose here except taking a few jabs from gfy. I'm still waiting for GideonIdiot's armchair legal opinion too, I know he won't be able to resist this one.

Steve Lightspeed
it really to bad that every single prediction i made has come true

every single court case has gone the way i predicted it would.

btw i would love to take the credit for being that smart, but i just happen to have good lawyers.

“When crimes occur through the mail, you don’t shut the post office down,” Steve Wozniak
gideongallery is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 08:59 PM   #30
Rochard
Jägermeister Test Pilot

Industry Role:
This is excellent. And long overdue.

This is no different than ripping music. If the music companies can go after people who download music illegally, well, our industry can also go after both the people that put it up as well as the people who downloaded it. I would imagine it's not all too complicated for the hosting companies and the internet providers.

Once word starts getting out that such websites are being tracked by our industry and then targeted by our industry, surfers will start to take notice.

Congrats to all the winners, the three who stepped up to the plate and put their money where their mouth is. It should also be mentioned that Steve Lightspeed also also fought off Acacia as well.

YNOT MAIL | THE BEST ADULT MAILING SOLUTION
Rochard is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:19 PM   #31
marketsmart
HOMICIDAL TROLL KILLER

Industry Role:
Quote:

Steve Lightspeed
no, i think what should have been done could have taken place two years ago..

i applaud your efforts and if the project is on contingency then you truly have nothing to lose and you should press on..

in all honesty i wish you could have success and maybe you will, but i remain skeptical..

good luck to you and i am sure that like myself, others will be watching \to see the outcome of this effort...

good luck and i mean that honestly...

Old 09-03-2010, 09:20 PM   #32
will76
Making $$$$ w/ ClickCash

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbizdon View Post

CHICAGO — Lightspeed Media Corp., Grooby Productions and Hard Drive Productions each filed copyright infringement suits on Thursday, targeting bit torrent users who allegedly downloaded their works.

http://www.xbiz.com/news/124883
Good glad to see the users getting sued. But instead of bit torrent they should target the "users" of the big tub sites that uploaded the stolen content there. Would love to have it exposed during discovery that it wasn't "users" but the sites themselves then the site wouldn't have any DMCA protection.

Quote:
Well you can thank DMCA protection for making it hard to go after the sites. But I bet if they sued tube site users they would find out that a lot of the sites were the ones putting the content up.

It is still affective to hit the users for it. Sue them for 5K an instance and settle for $500. Most will pay it vs having to go to court, lose, and file bankruptcy. Easier for them to just pay t he $500 and the site collects income and sends a message. Its no different then acacia going around trying to scare people into buying the license for their patent. Except the people suing in this case are in the right.

If they targeted users of a couple tube sites, then eventually those sites would be forced to verify user submitted content or do away with it. If people were scared to upload to a particular site because their info would be turned over and they would be sued... they would stop using that tube site.

PROGRAM SHIT LIST - DO NOT PROMOTE (click link for gfy thread)
FNCash | Media Revenue

Last edited by will76; 09-03-2010 at 09:25 PM..
will76 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:27 PM   #33
Catalyst
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
I support steve.. and I think it is the right thing to do.. Not sure if it will change anything or not.. but it is a start..
Catalyst is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:29 PM   #34
woj
<&(©¿©)&>

Industry Role:
How do you obtain the ips of the downloaders?
woj is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:33 PM   #35
dyna mo
The People's Post

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gideongallery View Post
but i just happen to have good lawyers.
dyna mo is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:45 PM   #36
xmas13
Confirmed User

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/new...lawsuits_money

Last edited by xmas13; 09-03-2010 at 09:49 PM..
xmas13 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 10:22 PM   #37
SteveLightspeed
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmas13 View Post
The more recent articles about the "Hurt Locker" lawsuits are more to the point. They are reporting a 40% settlement rate.

I really can't say much about our suits, but I am positive that the outcome will be worth the effort. And when it is, you'll see us partying our asses off at the Phoenix Forum next year to celebrate.

Steve Lightspeed
Old 09-03-2010, 10:30 PM   #38
will76
Making $$$$ w/ ClickCash

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by woj View Post
How do you obtain the ips of the downloaders?
Sue "John Doe's" and subpoena that company for their records to get the user's info. Then amend the suit to their names once you figure it out.

FNCash | Media Revenue
will76 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 10:33 PM   #39
will76
Making $$$$ w/ ClickCash

Industry Role:
Quote:
The more recent articles about the "Hurt Locker" lawsuits are more to the point. They are reporting a 40% settlement rate.

I really can't say much about our suits, but I am positive that the outcome will be worth the effort. And when it is, you'll see us partying our asses off at the Phoenix Forum next year to celebrate.

Steve Lightspeed
It will be, and it will be a nice profitable money stream for you. You don't need to spend millions to force settlements. The people you sue have NO case and they will be lucky to settle for $500 vs going to court and losing $5,000+++ . You just need to get as many in the US as possible, most of them will settle. You will profit money and send a message... Now sue some tube site "users" while you are at it, you will discover that many of them are the ones uploading the content then you can have grounds for suing the site too.

FNCash | Media Revenue
Old 09-03-2010, 10:39 PM   #40
2MuchMark
Videochat Solutions

Industry Role:
Quote:
no they are not...

I don't fully agree.

While this may be true of some "expert" torrent users who sell or otherwise re distribute what they get, there are a surprising number of people who steal every day without even realizing that its stealing.

I confronted 3 people I know recently. When asked why they downloaded movies, porn etc, one of them said "It's on the Internet, so its free, so its legal". Another said "Why pay $20 a month when I can pay $10.00 a year to pirates?". Another person gleefully goes out of his way to find new hollywood movies online because "The theatres just want to make money from stuff they get for free anyway".

Yes all 3 of them are idiots (I need smarter friends) but none of them think they're stealing. I really hope that Lightspeed's lawsuit scares the shit out of some people.

VideoChat Solutions | Custom Software | IT Support
https://www.2much.net | https://www.lcntech.com
2MuchMark is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 02:31 AM   #41
Robbie
Leaner, Meaner, Faster

Industry Role:
Quote:
no they are not...

No, you're wrong.

I'm currently making a 60/40 split on nailing surfers uploading our stuff. Piracy is turning out to be a nice little revenue stream after all. GroobyBucks and Lightspeed are following in the footsteps of a few others who have now figured out how to put a hurt on it.

I'm the one laughing all the way to the bank. The 60/40 split with the lawyers is nice for me. Way better than watching assholes make 100% with stolen content for damn sure. And it's padding my bank account.
Old 09-04-2010, 02:53 AM   #42
Dirty Dane
Sick Fuck

Industry Role:
That's great Steve. Good luck with it.
Dirty Dane is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 02:59 AM   #43
SteveLightspeed
Confirmed User

Thanks everyone for the support.

Steve Lightspeed
Old 09-04-2010, 03:08 AM   #44
Nick_Merlot
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
wow, you are a narrow minded cunt...

its ok for you to shake your pussy all over the net, but its not ok for prostitution?

get your head out of your ass and the squirrels out of your pussy...

selling sex is selling sex...

quit trying to put your whorish ways on a silver plate..

at the end of the day you are still just a whore, not an actress, not a model, but a whore..

btw, in case you dont think you are a whore, i will post the definition for you below:

whore (hôr, hr)
n.
1. A prostitute.
2. A person considered sexually promiscuous.
3. A person considered as having compromised principles for personal gain.
intr.v. whored, whor·ing, whores
1. To associate or have sexual relations with prostitutes or a prostitute.
2. To accept payment in exchange for sexual relations.
3. To compromise one's principles for personal gain.

please take note of numbers 3 and 3 and also the fact that you share the same definition as a prostitute...

Good luck to the Steves. Somebody needs to pave the way.

Last edited by Nick_Merlot; 09-04-2010 at 03:09 AM..
Nick_Merlot is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 03:15 AM   #45
punkpred
Confirmed User

Hats off to Steve!
Old 09-04-2010, 03:35 AM   #46
Tim
AffiliateManager for Hire

Industry Role:
Tim is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 03:39 AM   #47
topnotch, standup guy
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneB View Post
Hooker, pimps and johns should all be arrested. The sites and the users should all be busted.
With opinions like that shouldn't you be wearing a Burka, or at the very least covering up the squirrel's tunnel?

Old 09-04-2010, 03:45 AM   #48
ContentPimp
Confirmed User

Good luck steve! I hope you go after the tubes as well

We also write Pay Site Reviews, SEO and Mainstream text
www.contentpimp.info
Contact me on ICQ at 400792466

Payoneer, Paxum and Paypal Accepted forms of Payment by the Pimp
ContentPimp is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 04:08 AM   #49
Sergio Payingsolutions
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
That would be all well and good, if the majority of these torrent sites were hosted and run in the confines of the United States. Most of the big ones are run by some crazy foreign bastards who laugh at US law.

While I agree with the people that say nothing will come of this from a legal perspective or monetary perspective it does have value in getting out to the media and to the people that might be thinking of doing the same, rather than doing it currently, to think twice or get sued.
Sergio Payingsolutions is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 04:16 AM   #50
CarlosTheGaucho
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Sure Supporting Mr. Lightspeed in this case

Interesting discussion
CarlosTheGaucho is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Post New Thread Reply
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >